UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
-
RONALD78
- Posts: 2156
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
- Contact:
UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
Miami Ohio took 4th ranked UCLA down to the end of the game before UCLA won at home in LA....either Miami,loaded with seniors, is tough or UCLA is a paper tiger
-
RONALD78
- Posts: 2156
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
- Contact:
Re: UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
Xavier better be ready to play Miami OHIO
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ucl ... 9217.story
Above is the link to the LA Times story on the game. Michael Bramos was pretty much it for Miami. He had 22 pts., with no one else having more than 8.
Above is the link to the LA Times story on the game. Michael Bramos was pretty much it for Miami. He had 22 pts., with no one else having more than 8.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
XUFinale
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
I hope that it was just a scare given that UCLA has a few prominent freshman they were showcasing, maybe the shock of college ball is still settling. Either way I hope Miami is not that good, I would be pretty pissed if they beat us back to back.
-
bluegrass
- Posts: 3411
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:32 pm
- Contact:
Re: UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
We will have our hands full with them as usual.I'm not sure how good UCLA is, but to play them that close out there is impressive.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
I watched part of that game and Miami was up in the second half a number of times. You could see the talent on UCLA's team but Miami is very and I mean VERY tough on the Defensive end of the floor. Miami's other scorer was having an off night but Mr. B was blocking shots and hitting them all over the floor. Miami looks much more athletic then they did last year and while UCLA was bigger Miami held their own on the boards while I was watching. It was a two point game at half, something like 29-27.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
section200rules
- Posts: 73
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:49 pm
- Contact:
Re: UCLA (4th ranked) 64/Miami OH 59..wow
Agreed Muskie Man, Charlie Cole's teams are always very tough on the defensive side of the ball. XU will have no cake walk with the Redhawks on 11/29, or the other MAC squads they will face (Toledo, OU) . Personally, I'd like to see a Bubba Walther/Brad Redford shooting contest before tip off of the OU game.. Two of the best shooters around
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1077 guests
