Soph's to watch

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
SC in DC

Soph's to watch

Postby SC in DC » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Anti-Homer

Re: Soph's to watch

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:11 am

Thanks for sharing. I love the play of CB, but think DO will have a breakout year. Smartly, he understands he is carrying the tradition of poor shooting PGs at X following Q, Semaj, etc., so usually limits his shots to 6 feet and in. I wish Redford would join the staff and be tethered to Odom until he develops a consistent jumper.
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:37 am

I thot I read somewhere or maybe heard on the podcast that Brad was working with him as they totally reworked his shot.
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:11 am
Thanks for sharing. I love the play of CB, but think DO will have a breakout year. Smartly, he understands he is carrying the tradition of poor shooting PGs at X following Q, Semaj, etc., so usually limits his shots to 6 feet and in. I wish Redford would join the staff and be tethered to Odom until he develops a consistent jumper.
Agree. Love Odom's athleticism, confidence and killer instinct. Reminds me a little of Jamal Walker who was a mediocre outside shooter unless the game was on the line. I still remember his corner three ball to beat U.C. at the Gardens. Jamal Walker was Money at clutch time and so, I think, will be Odom.
madness31

Postby madness31 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:41 am

I expect Odom and Jones to both have strong seasons. It would be great if Odom can develop a shot but he can be a huge asset without it. Both are smart players that will find ways to win if the surrounding cast learns to play within their skillset.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:14 pm

Agree on both, but Odom has to develop some type of shot otherwise teams will continue to dare him to shoot, which didn't end up too well. I do hope that the used car salesman lets us run since our half offense has been miserable since he has been head coach. Wasn't he an offensive guru
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:40 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:14 pm
Agree on both, but Odom has to develop some type of shot otherwise teams will continue to dare him to shoot, which didn't end up too well. I do hope that the used car salesman lets us run since our half offense has been miserable since he has been head coach. Wasn't he an offensive guru
Yea,

But so were Bruce Coslett and Homer Rice until they became head coaches for the Bengals.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”