Coach's show on Monday

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
bluegrass

Re: Coach's show on Monday

Postby bluegrass » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:09 am

I think Sean hits the portal assuming that he can't rely on Freemantle or Hunter to play next year. Great if they do but let's not caught with our pants down again next year.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am

Monday night, Sean made the statement, "A lot of the players that I think will be on next year's team, .... we don't have yet," I think to soften the tone, he added that it is "no different than .... the other ten teams in the Big East. Sean went on to say; "I think what you'll see is a lot of our rosters will be shaped here in the next three months" Here is a link to the show Connecticut72 https://www.iheart.com/podcast/75-xavie ... ast_widget
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:11 pm

That is going out to the Euros allegedly. Don’t expect Ducharme and Kraft back either. He was calling out Claude for his hustle at the tip off. Lazar has most ability but not much of a motor.
Kevin Reilly

Postby Kevin Reilly » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:01 pm

I can't imagine next years team without at least two to three new frontcourt guys that can rebound and have some idea how to score. We also need a guard with some size that can shoot. I don't think Freemantle or Hunter will be able to play next year.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:05 am

skyhops wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:11 pm
That is going out to the Euros allegedly. Don’t expect Ducharme and Kraft back either. He was calling out Claude for his hustle at the tip off. Lazar has most ability but not much of a motor.
Lazar doesn't have a motor? I think he does, plus good athleticism is mobile and is a good defender/shot blocker. I hope he is back next year, but as you noted earlier in the year, he/his camp had an inflated view of his ability to go pro after this year, so have a feeling he may go back and play for an Int'l team. Abou is what he is, a serviceable 15-minute caliber backup. Ciani tries very hard but is undersized, weak, fumbles everything, and defends the post like a 6'6" 190lb center. He makes Andrew Taylor look like Jalen Reynolds. Great kid though.

Sean was dealt as hard a hand as any coach in the last few years and still made it a horse race. However, though you can get away with that in the Meac or AAC and be in contention, you can't in the Conference of Champions League, where 3 of the 6 best teams in the country play.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:09 am

muskieman wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:11 am
Monday night, Sean made the statement, "A lot of the players that I think will be on next year's team, .... we don't have yet," I think to soften the tone, he added that it is "no different than .... the other ten teams in the Big East. Sean went on to say; "I think what you'll see is a lot of our rosters will be shaped here in the next three months" Here is a link to the show Connecticut72 https://www.iheart.com/podcast/75-xavie ... ast_widget
This was not a good look from Miller. Very Cronin-esque. At least Miller has much better coaching chops, having twice as many NCAA wins as tough guy Mick despite having fewer years as a HC, and Miller did it in a fleeting moment of frustration, whereas Cronin does it after every loss, when the cameras are on
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 pm

I think that Lazar has the most potential and he played well vs DePaul. His length and athleticism reminds me a bit of Doellman. Hopefully, Ciani will find a new home because he is just not a D1 basketball player. Gytis rebounded well vs Dpaul, but you would expect he to at least score a point in 20 mins.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”