Bench play next year

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xuwburg
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:43 am
Contact:

Re: Bench play next year

Postby xuwburg » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:43 am

Mr. Neutral wrote:v, I keep going back to Dante's ballhandling. As a PG, nothing's more important than that. And while Dante improved a LOT this year, nothing showed me he could the be the #1 guy in terms of handling the ball, beating the press, etc., for X next year.

If I'm an opposing coach, I'd press and double-team Dante all day. So, unless he makes a BIG improvement in his ballhandling skills, I think X would be very prone to pressing teams with him at the point.
I agree about the concern w/ Dante's ballhandling (we struggled against the press at times this year w/ Drew and Hammer), but they say a player's greatest development comes between his frosh and soph year so hopefully Dante will really focus on that and we'll see some great improvement from him going into next year.
Plus, if Miller sees him as the starting PG next year, you can bet that he'll have a ball in his hand all summer dribbling around campus!
drendo74
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:28 am
Contact:

Re: Bench play next year

Postby drendo74 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:49 am

Yes indeed, it will be a very busy summer breaking in several new acts, Muskieman.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26785
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Bench play next year

Postby muskieman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:06 am

drendo74 wrote:Yes indeed, it will be a very busy summer breaking in several new acts, Muskieman.
That is why you got the props. Too bad you didn't have an extra week last year and X would have made the final four.

Start earlier this year and forget about the teeth.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 563 guests