I wouldn't put any money on it. No player is going to pay his way one year, just so he can join a team that already has 3 players at his position.
We missed the first time around on Bassett, but we have plenty of options now. Let's focus on the high quality wing/SF prospects we are recruiting for 2009. That's where we may see movement soon.
Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
-
MillerTime
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
- Contact:
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Those are good points re where X needs to shore up in the future. Unless someone leaves, we're pretty set at the PG position (though you can never have enough good PG's).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
sash19
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Armon was set and ready to commit to X, however we got another player to take his scholarship and he was told he was out of luck at the time. I personally wouldnt trade the 2 years we got from that person-Drew Lavender!!
-
MillerTime
- Posts: 71
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 am
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Yep, I agree. That's why I love the position we are in. Holloway is your prototypical PG, Lyons is a great athlete that could easily play the 1 or 2, Redford is a great shooter who could easily play the 1 or 2, Jackson is a good ballhandling 2 guard, and from what I have heard (not seen), Walsh is similar to Jackson in ballhandling abilities. Teams that really struggle even when they have good overall talent are due to a lack of ballhandlers (a la NC State, OSU, Kansas St.). That won't be a problem for us.
Our opening at SF in 2009, however, is glaring. We absolutely have to get 1, hopefully 2 at SF.
Our opening at SF in 2009, however, is glaring. We absolutely have to get 1, hopefully 2 at SF.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Highlight reel12 comes here and registers and with his 1st post gives us a rumor. Like I said until someone or some media makes this rumor plausible there is nothing to it. X has their IU guard! Would I want another PG maybe but he has to prove to the coaches that he is a team player.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
mollautt
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
=>Maybe this will shed some light. Comes from an interview with the then interim IU head coach Dan Dakich:muskieman wrote:Bassett doesn't go to 2 meetings and is thrown off the team??? I wonder if that is all he did to get thrown off the team. I can see running stairs and other punishments before being thrown off the team.
This is just a rumor and without a link I will continue to be a skeptic.
http://nwitimes.com/articles/2008/06/10 ... 834ff4.txtFollowing the season, you kicked sophomore Armon Bassett and junior Jamarcus Ellis off the team. The exodus of players continued when Tom Crean was hired as the new coach. Were these simply bad recruits?
When I took over the team, there was going to be accountability for class attendance, getting to practice on time, things of that nature. There were kids there that absolutely did not respect Indiana University and had no respect for the basketball program. My decision to dismiss two guys was really easy. Crean's decision to dismiss the rest of 'em was really easy. The only way that wasn't going to happen was if somebody came into Indiana University and didn't care about anything. I said that in my postgame after the (NCAA) Arkansas game: The culture needed to change and get back to being Indiana University basketball, which is on the level with North Carolina, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and UCLA.
_________________
One half of college basketball is 90% mental.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Armon Bassett to the Muskies?
Former IU coach Dakich shuts down rumor mill HEADLINE
2nd question
It's been rumored there was a drug problem on the team.
I'm not going into that.
3rd question
The Hoosiers finished 3-4 with you at the helm, leading many to believe the team quit on you.
We were 3-1 and then a lot of things started happening, internally, that I'm not about to go into.
that's shuting down those old rumor mills.
2nd question
It's been rumored there was a drug problem on the team.
I'm not going into that.
3rd question
The Hoosiers finished 3-4 with you at the helm, leading many to believe the team quit on you.
We were 3-1 and then a lot of things started happening, internally, that I'm not about to go into.
that's shuting down those old rumor mills.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 838 guests
