Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
-
cfish
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:02 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
Did anyone else notice that Bobo wasn't there? He usually attends. Should we be concerned?
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
No not really.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
refresh us on the one foot jump controversy please
That one foot jump thing always puzzled me, why anyone would say it and why it would become an issue at all.
Who were the proponents/opponents, it has almost passed time out of memory.
Who were the proponents/opponents, it has almost passed time out of memory.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
If I recall, one poster criticized Sato for only jumping off of one foot, and this criticism seemed kind of goofy to most of the rest of the posters.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
speaking as a person that is has a .00005 inch vertical(with the help of a ladder), I think the two foot one foot jump threads were hilarious. Sato could rebound with the biggest guy out on the floor and still does. I saw him take a dime off the top of backboard and that was enough for me.
Two feet means you can rebound inside better but may not have the second and third jump as high, Sato, as stated, had no problems and he was the quickest of the bunch on the second and third try. They also don't have as high a jump on a transition basket, (They may slow down to make a dunk on a fast break). Guys like Brown don't need to slow down and in fact get high going faster. It never hurt Sato. Give me a guy with a 42 inch vertical any day and I don't care he he jumps off one or two feet.
Two feet means you can rebound inside better but may not have the second and third jump as high, Sato, as stated, had no problems and he was the quickest of the bunch on the second and third try. They also don't have as high a jump on a transition basket, (They may slow down to make a dunk on a fast break). Guys like Brown don't need to slow down and in fact get high going faster. It never hurt Sato. Give me a guy with a 42 inch vertical any day and I don't care he he jumps off one or two feet.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 835 guests
