Page 1 of 1

Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:44 pm
by oldxu
If Thad wouldn't have left like he did and when he did, we at Xavier, more than likely, would have lost Coach Miller to another university. I didn't think Thad did a bad job when he was here but it is clear that we got the better end of the deal with Coach Miller. Thanks Thad. Enjoy the NIT.

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:52 pm
by rickf
I also feel we lucked out. By the way where are the FIRE MILLER posters. Please re-identify yourselves.

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:56 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Interesting point. From everything I heard, Thad would have been gone in no more than another 2 years, so would Miller have still been at X to take over the reigns? Hmmm.

And I'd say the moves have turned out well for both schools. Thad took OSU to the Finals, and Miller has X back to the Sweet 16. Pretty much a win-win, I'd say. Both schools are happy with the guy they have.

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:04 pm
by Wisexuowl
Thad took OSU to the Finals

Correction ... Three "Rentals" took osu to the finals .. them and a horsesh$t call against XU.

And, those "student athletes" will really up whatshisname's graduation rate there.

I wouldn't trade Sean Miller for anybody!

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:38 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Get over it, Wise. If Matta was still at X and I was criticizing him, you'd be defending him. And we lost to OSU because our guys spit the bit down the stretch, not because of one call.

IF Miller would be lured away by a bigger name program

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:22 pm
by beefhouse
Who would you like to see take his place? An assistant or another head coach?

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:26 pm
by muskieman
Mr. Neutral wrote:Get over it, Wise. If Matta was still at X and I was criticizing him, you'd be defending him. And we lost to OSU because our guys spit the bit down the stretch, not because of one call.
Are you saying a person is loved more by you when they are gone?

The second point you make is hardly correct because with an flagrant foul X would have been given the ball and osu would not have even had a chance to shoot that three.

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:27 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Do you mean if Miller were to leave? No idea. I'd have to see who the candidates are.

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:58 pm
by beefhouse
Yes. Obviously Miller will draw attention from Indiana or any other big-time opening over the next few weeks. IF he left, do you think Xavier should promote from within or look outside the system?

Re: Matta not such a bad guy

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:11 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Again, can't say at this point because we don't have the names of hot assistants or current head coaches looking to move up.

If it's anybody internally, I'd say it has to be Mack (which I predicted years ago).