Page 1 of 2
How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 am
by principal
In the past 10-20 years, how many teams have made two trips to the Elite 8 in a five year period? (I believe X has done it twice in four years, but four years seemed arbitrarily chosen to favor X as being even more elite in doing so.)
Feel free to correct my dates. I am really just curious about general information and how we stack up in this regard.
A Final Four would be incredible!
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 am
by UCLABru1ns
Great question.... off the top of my head:
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 am
by principal
UCLABru1ns wrote:Great question.... off the top of my head:
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
I assume there have been a few...but the number must be pretty small. Is it safe to say we are the only non major conference team to do it?
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:15 am
by UCLABru1ns
principal wrote:UCLABru1ns wrote:Great question.... off the top of my head:
Xavier
Duke
UCLA
Michigan State
Memphis
North Carolina
Wisconsin
I am sure some other teams escape me right now, but those are the for sure answers to that question, assuming you're referring past 10-20 years.
I assume there have been a few...but the number must be pretty small. Is it safe to say we are the only non major conference team to do it?
You guys and Memphis (State).
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:36 am
by principal
You guys and Memphis (State).
Not quite sure how I missed Memphis in the initial list...
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:48 am
by UCLABru1ns
principal wrote:You guys and Memphis (State).
Not quite sure how I missed Memphis in the initial list...
To err is human, to forget is....trojan.

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:04 am
by vamuskie
Temple made it twice within a couple of years 8 or 9 years ago. Also twice within a few years recently that I can remember:
Arizona
UConn
Kentucky
Stanford
Oklahoma
Florida
Maryland
Kansas
Illinois
Texas
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:19 am
by Shadow
UCLABru1ns wrote:
To err is human, to forget is....trojan.

A Trojan is not a good thing to forget.

Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:24 am
by Biff Tannen
Our ole buddies crosstown the Cincinnati Bearcats went Final 4 in 1992, and Elite 8 in 93 and 96. That includes the past 20 years at least.
Re: How many teams have acccomplished this?
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:19 pm
by muskieman
There has to be a big mistake. How come no one put dayton on that list. I mean they have past us as a program, they have super star studs and with their coach of the year they must have been to an elite eight twice in the past 20 years.