Congrats to Xavier
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:58 pm
I am a Bruin fan. I watched your win over WVA. You guys have a great team. Very balanced,
good shooters, team oriented, and outstanding coaching. You are a feared opponent, and I was
secretly hoping to get Duke or UConn instead of your team.
As for UCLA, we are an enigma. We have been escape artists in our last dozen games, barely
winning these "nail biters." Still if you look at our complete body of work, you will notice one
rather amazing stat. We have now met 10 NCAA tournament teams, defeating nine of them,
and our only loss a buzzer beater to Texas. And of the Sweet 16 teams, we have already
beaten Davidson, Michigan State, Washington State (twice), and Stanford (three times).
(not to mention two NIT teams, Cal (thrice) and Arizona State (twice). So, we are definitely
not chopped liver.
I am expecting a great game and a close game. But it will be an honor to play a quality
team like Xavier!
good shooters, team oriented, and outstanding coaching. You are a feared opponent, and I was
secretly hoping to get Duke or UConn instead of your team.
As for UCLA, we are an enigma. We have been escape artists in our last dozen games, barely
winning these "nail biters." Still if you look at our complete body of work, you will notice one
rather amazing stat. We have now met 10 NCAA tournament teams, defeating nine of them,
and our only loss a buzzer beater to Texas. And of the Sweet 16 teams, we have already
beaten Davidson, Michigan State, Washington State (twice), and Stanford (three times).
(not to mention two NIT teams, Cal (thrice) and Arizona State (twice). So, we are definitely
not chopped liver.
I am expecting a great game and a close game. But it will be an honor to play a quality
team like Xavier!