Reported by Andy Katz not an April fools joke.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3324439
Now we have to worry about Marquette trying to steal away Miller.
Tom Crean to Indiana
-
mdavid6123
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:25 pm
- Contact:
-
xeus
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
Gimme a break. No way Sean Miller is interested in Marquette.
Welcome fellow scholars.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
NOmdavid6123 wrote:Reported by Andy Katz not an April fools joke.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3324439
Now we have to worry about Marquette trying to steal away Miller.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
broadripple
- Posts: 168
- Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 am
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
Crean is telling his team right now. Per sources: Miller apparently told IU that he wanted to continue to build a power at X. Don't worry about Marquette.
-
Goodenchiladas
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
If it works out, that is one heck of a hire by Indiana under the messy circumstances.
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
<In September 2006, Marquette gave Crean an extension running through the 2016-17 season. The contract makes him one of the highest-paid coaches in college basketball.>
Something is whispering in my ear that there is a new regime in Milwaukee and that a Jesuit is renegging on something other than money.
If he is one of the highest paid, and if it's true that IU said Sean's buyout was "too rich" something is rotten in Denmark.
I like the guy, personally and as a coach, but in every aspect, this is a bad career move, IMO!
Something is whispering in my ear that there is a new regime in Milwaukee and that a Jesuit is renegging on something other than money.
If he is one of the highest paid, and if it's true that IU said Sean's buyout was "too rich" something is rotten in Denmark.
I like the guy, personally and as a coach, but in every aspect, this is a bad career move, IMO!
-
xeus
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
I don't think IU had a chance to even consider Sean's buyout - Sean was not interested in the job.Wisexuowl wrote: If he is one of the highest paid, and if it's true that IU said Sean's buyout was "too rich" something is rotten in Denmark.
Welcome fellow scholars.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
Sean is a smart man. He knows he will be a legend when he leads X to the promise land rather than be at a place where he will be compared and contrasted. It is better to be the legend then to follow a legend. Sean may go someday because nothing is cast in stone in college basketball but I think he is a chip off the old block and how many years did his father coach at one place even when he was offered a better job???
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
bbaker06
- Posts: 919
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:43 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
mdavid6123 wrote:Reported by Andy Katz not an April fools joke.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3324439
Now we have to worry about Marquette trying to steal away Miller.
Give me a break. What is it with people on this board worrying that Miller is going to jump at ANY opportunity at bigger school. If its true that the buyout was too big for Indiana then how in the hell would it not be too big for Marquette? I want Miller to stay as much as the next fan, but the constant obsessing over where he may or may not be interested in going or who may or may not be interested in him is ridiculous. I hope Miller stays, but if he doesn't we will find an excellent coach. It will set us back a few years, but we will recover.
-
diggins
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:22 pm
- Contact:
Re: Tom Crean to Indiana
Rick Majerus will be the next coach at Marquette. Seems like a no brainer, although I admittedly don't know the details of his contract with SLU.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 935 guests
