Thanks for the Board, guys
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:03 pm
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the Skeldons, Andy Mac, Mr. N, Shadow and whomever I may be forgetting for putting the time and energy into making Musketeer Madness available to us all.
I particularly want to commend all concerned for taking the high road when the other board started up in mid season. Some of the "new board" folks couldn't just leave and go where they wanted to be, and had to take shots on the way out. Rather than shoot back, the calmer heads just let it run its course. I'm not sure I would have held my fire. There were a lot of defections, some welcome, some not. It is probably better that we have two boards. Some folks think posting pix of naked women, homophobia and mysoginy is still fun on the internet, even at an advanced age; and it probably better that they feel free to do it. It was just a big distraction, IMHO. I miss a little of the tension, but not much.
I am noting in particular that for whatever reason, there is no pressure here to become a "sponsoring member", i.e. pay an additional fee for some privileged status. Whoever is footing the bill to maintain the site, thank you.
A word about civility. When I first came to this board, I was appalled at the intramural baiting and outright hostility between those with a common love of the Muskies. I have to admit I eventually fell into it myself. For whatever reason, the two boards have in sum substantially reduced the sniping, and I think it is for the better. What brings us together is the love and appreciation of Xavier and Xavier basketball. I'm making a new effort to express contrary opinnion without flaming the opposing writer. I invite all here to consider doing the same. We have so much to share and enjoy, and life is just too short for protracted pissing matches. Peace out, brother Musketeers.
It's a great day to be a Muskie!
I particularly want to commend all concerned for taking the high road when the other board started up in mid season. Some of the "new board" folks couldn't just leave and go where they wanted to be, and had to take shots on the way out. Rather than shoot back, the calmer heads just let it run its course. I'm not sure I would have held my fire. There were a lot of defections, some welcome, some not. It is probably better that we have two boards. Some folks think posting pix of naked women, homophobia and mysoginy is still fun on the internet, even at an advanced age; and it probably better that they feel free to do it. It was just a big distraction, IMHO. I miss a little of the tension, but not much.
I am noting in particular that for whatever reason, there is no pressure here to become a "sponsoring member", i.e. pay an additional fee for some privileged status. Whoever is footing the bill to maintain the site, thank you.
A word about civility. When I first came to this board, I was appalled at the intramural baiting and outright hostility between those with a common love of the Muskies. I have to admit I eventually fell into it myself. For whatever reason, the two boards have in sum substantially reduced the sniping, and I think it is for the better. What brings us together is the love and appreciation of Xavier and Xavier basketball. I'm making a new effort to express contrary opinnion without flaming the opposing writer. I invite all here to consider doing the same. We have so much to share and enjoy, and life is just too short for protracted pissing matches. Peace out, brother Musketeers.
It's a great day to be a Muskie!
