Page 1 of 1
Retired jersey?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:19 pm
by Lavender24
just a random topic because i got bored, but out of the three seniors to graduate this year which would have the best chance of someday getting their jersey retired 1, 24, 34?
Re: Retired jersey?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:17 pm
by CarlosTheJackal
None, on both merit and politics. They still can't get Steve Thomas in, how are any of these three likely?and I doubt if there is much enthusiam for a retired jersey bandwagon from Sean.
I think we are much better off, on a balanced team basis, if we dont have player who stands out from the rest of the team so much that he distracts from team play and team success. As much as I loved D West and all he did at X, we were a better team the following years. I am not taking anything away from how he carried us on his big shoulders.
The play's the thing, not the actors, and the same goes for the game. Our three tourney wins were so satisfying to me because each player contributed in his own way, and the total was greater than the mere sum of the parts.
Re: Retired jersey?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:07 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Have to agree with Carlos on this one. No one player had statistics that outshone the others, or compared to some of our all-time greats.
The closest thing this team had to a "horse" was Duncan, and even that was in stretches. It's really a tribute to the team concept that this group, with minimal individual stats, accomplished as much as it did.
Re: Retired jersey?
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:12 pm
by xeus
Agreed, no jerseys retired out of this class. I don't even think it's a discussion.
Now, HoF? That's another question. I'd say Stan and Josh could easily be in the HoF.
Re: Retired jersey?
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:58 am
by wkrq59
Carlos, can you really have a play without actors? Shakespeare would make interesting reading for high school students but wouldn't the acting leave more lasting memories and be more entertaining? Death of a Salesman is a fine play, but Dustin Hoffman and ***** March among others have made it for some the memory of a lifetime.
Re: Retired jersey?
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:11 am
by XUXU
I think that we should maybe have something to remember skip prosser. maybe not a jersey, but something resembling it. That would be really nice.