Page 1 of 2
900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:38 pm
by xuthoroughbred
This is the raise that I heard could be possible. If so, it will be well diserved.
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:26 am
by realxfan
I've got to think guys like West, Grant, Posey, Hill, Williams, Strong and alot of our other guys who have played pro ball are helping out with the All For One club. I know for a fact that Grant gave XU some coin recently.
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:25 am
by bleedXblue
Why would X go from 800K (which Miller is making now) to only 900K ? If there going to give him a pay increase, it should be significant. I like the 1.4M number.
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:48 am
by Biff Tannen
realxfan wrote:I've got to think guys like West, Grant, Posey, Hill, Williams, Strong and alot of our other guys who have played pro ball are helping out with the All For One club. I know for a fact that Grant gave XU some coin recently.
My only question has been where would the money come from for a raise? At first I was worried that in order to do that they would "tap" into the funding for the new construction project or raise tuition. But I guess that explanation makes sense, after all Brian Grant at one point had one of the 5 highest salaries in the NBA.
I have heard, and not sure if this is entirely accurate, from several people that Duke basketball alumni funds the Duke basketball team and the basketball program is financially independent from the rest of the athletic department, although the basketball revenues still go to the athletic department. My guess is this is a step that Xavier would like to take with its program.
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 am
by joe abe
Just read on Rivals that Sean is a candidate at Oklahoma State.....We need to pay Sean $$$$ serious bank cuz ol' T Boone Pickens can pay the buyout and trump any number we come up with. So, it will ,Ibelieve be the combo of Sean really wanting to stay and us stepping up to the plate and showing him some love$$$$. I hope you all read this with HUMOR....I think its a lot of chuckles saying the name T Boone Pickens...How much did he give to the athetic program at Okie State or should it be T Boone Pickens U???
Is it a fact the ex players are stepping up to the plate...I think that's fantastic...if so , thanks men!!
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am
by muskieman
joe abe wrote:Just read on Rivals that Sean is a candidate at Oklahoma State.....We need to pay Sean $$$$ serious bank cuz ol' T Boone Pickens can pay the buyout and trump any number we come up with. So, it will ,Ibelieve be the combo of Sean really wanting to stay and us stepping up to the plate and showing him some love$$$$. I hope you all read this with HUMOR....I think its a lot of chuckles saying the name T Boone Pickens...How much did he give to the athetic program at Okie State or should it be T Boone Pickens U???
Is it a fact the ex players are stepping up to the plate...I think that's fantastic...if so , thanks men!!
It is easy to make Sean the top candidate at any school but it means nothing. Okla City where the 35,40 and 44 meet is not the garden spot of the country. First off WHY would Sean want to go to Oklahoma City? Answer that and maybe a discussion could be made and money is not the answer because he could have gotten that at IU and been closer to home and at a bigger named school. What do you see in Sean that screams, I want to be a cowboy!
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:54 am
by joe abe
I was joking!! I find humor in Okie St. throwing around T. Boone Pickens name with everything to do with sports at the school. They think with his worth $3 billion, and the recent gift to OSU athletic foundation of $165 million cash they can buy anybody. Thats the reason they fired Sutton's boy. Pickens calls all the shots.....I know Sean will be at Xavier...It's a perfect fit...We deserve to go to the next level as a program and he knows he can be the pioneer to do it....Sorry I was not more clear on my original post....LOL!!!
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:30 pm
by muskieman
joe abe wrote:I was joking!! I find humor in Okie St. throwing around T. Boone Pickens name with everything to do with sports at the school. They think with his worth $3 billion, and the recent gift to OSU athletic foundation of $165 million cash they can buy anybody. Thats the reason they fired Sutton's boy. Pickens calls all the shots.....I know Sean will be at Xavier...It's a perfect fit...We deserve to go to the next level as a program and he knows he can be the pioneer to do it....Sorry I was not more clear on my original post....LOL!!!
Not knocking you, more of a knock on Rivals. I wonder how many schools according to Rivals has Sean on a list. Do they call those schools or just add him because someone speculated. Here is a speculation for Rivals.....Gregory to Marquette.
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:52 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Tony Kornheiser had a female sportwriter on this morning who said there was even a rumor of Bill Self leaving Kansas to go to Okla. State, which would seem ridiculous.
Self said he had no interest, but the fact that he was born in OK and played his college ball at OK St. kept the rumor going. (Of course, "In an interview with Terry Boers on Chicago-based WSCR, the Illini radio network at the time, Self said that he was happy at Illinois and had no plans to leave. Despite these statements, Self left for Kansas just a few days later.")
So, expect to see Miller's name in connection with a lot of jobs.
Re: 900k to 1.4 mil??
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:19 pm
by xuthoroughbred
bleedXblue wrote:Why would X go from 800K (which Miller is making now) to only 900K ? If there going to give him a pay increase, it should be significant. I like the 1.4M number.
i believe right now he is making 900k but if i am wrong then the raise will be from 800k to 1.4