Page 1 of 5
Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:56 am
by Roach
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:15 am
by THill42
What was he doing standing in an intersection? Doesn't sound like a good situation.
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 am
by bleedXblue
what the h*ll ?
unbelievable
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:35 am
by RJReising
How soon before we start hearing from the UC fans saying, "If this was a UC player, the media would be..."
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:36 am
by Mr. Neutral
If true, it's not something that reflects well on either Lavender and/or Xavier, and proves once again that our players, like everybody else's, are more human than angelic.
Before getting too judgmental, I have to say that if I had been arrested every time I was "highly intoxicated" while coming back to the dorm from Dana's or elsewhere, my arrest record would be lengthy, to say the least. And having some grass on the person was not exactly unheard of, either.
I have to admit that I was rarely asked to leave a club after saying "f*** this white club". I was generally asked to leave for other reasons.
Bottom line is Drew screwed up, and he, not us, will pay the price for it.
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:46 pm
by Gorilla '69
Mr. N, I would hope that if you were given several opportunities to leave and continue on your way AND you had weed on your person, you would have been smart enough to shut the f**k up and leave unscathed.
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:48 pm
by Eastside_J
When is the string of yearly arrests going to end fellas?
At what price success?
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:18 pm
by muskieman
Eastside_J wrote:When is the string of yearly arrests going to end fellas?
At what price success?
Take your shots they are few and far between not like the yearly or sometimes semi- annual accounts of adventure your players did for yearS.
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:33 pm
by passthepuck?
I wish someone would explain to me how an incident, after the season is over, involving a senior reflects poorly on the basketball program. To the extent that he is still a student, it only reflects poorly on the individual and to a much lesser extent the university. This is not like packing heat on campus during the season.
Re: Lavender ...
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:34 pm
by Eastside_J
Ha! You don't even believe that.
Look we talked about this last year and you said the same thing. What I have said holds true, if you are going to take the guys who have already had "issues" at other programs, the chances are they are going to repeat those issues at X. And guess what they are...
UC will certainly take a kid at some point with some question marks and/or issues. The only difference will be any UC fan would admit the increased risk you take in doing so.