Ohio-KY All Star game

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
xukeith
Posts: 3737
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:54 pm

Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby xukeith » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:07 am

Kenny Frease will be playing.
Last year did Dante Jackson get selected to play in this?
Did Duncan play when he was a Senior at Moeller?
I do remember Dedrick Finn playing in the Indiana-KY all star game.
Just curious as to see how many of X's former Ohio reruits played in this game...Keith Jackson? Justin Doellman(KY)?
bd3030
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby bd3030 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:12 am

If this is the game that takes place at Thomas Moore, then Josh did play in it his senior year. He was on a team with Andrew Brackman and the Pollitz twins and I believe Carl Kremer coached that teams as well.
jct1941
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby jct1941 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:17 am

Dante won the MVP last year and Johnny Wolfe won it when he played in his senior year. Josh Duncan also played and I am thinking Ohio won that year also. Pettigure (not sure of spelling) also played last year and had a good game. He ended up at W.Ky. It usually is a good game. I have seen the last four, mainly because XU has had a recruit in the game.
MADXSTER
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby MADXSTER » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:49 pm

Doellman played his senior year as well.
X Factor
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:17 am
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby X Factor » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:50 pm

Romain Sato played in this game.
MuskieCinci
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby MuskieCinci » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:31 pm

Was anyone at the game this year? I'm interested to hear how Kenny and a couple of other recruits like Johnson did from someone that actually had a first hand view of the athletes in competition.
Frambo
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby Frambo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:32 am

It looks like Kenny is also playing in the OHSBCA North-South game this weekend at Capital U. in Columbus.
jct1941
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby jct1941 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:56 am

I was at the game, and Kenny looked HUGE literally. I left with about 10 minutes to go because I thought Kenny had played all he was going to play. Each team has 15 players and they are broken down into groups of 5. Kenny started and played the first five min. then the second five went the next five, and finally the last five and so on throughout the game. So, once Kenny had played his 15 minutes, I left. They play 20 minute halves. I think he had about 12 points on 4 of 6 shots and 4 FTS. The game itself was a BLOWOUT for Ohio. It was hard to access just how good he played because KY's tallest player was about 6' 8' and and very thin. One funny thing was was when Kenny came up to just inside the FT line, he called BALL,BALL and when he got the ball the KY coach start yelling "don't let him back you in." I would had as good a chance of keeping him out as the KY player. He just overpowered his man, and laid it in. In the warm ups he did shoot a lot of threes, and has a nice touch. The thing that stood out the most though was his SIZE. He will be a force to be reckoned with.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:07 am

jct, how did Frease look when getting up and down the court? X doesn't play racehorse basketball, but I don't see us having a plodding center who's always trailing the play, either.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
jct1941
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: Ohio-KY All Star game

Postby jct1941 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:37 am

Mr. N. - Kenny got up and down the floor very well. He even helped out a couple of times in a trapping full court press. As I said the problem was the game was soooo lopsided that it became almost a layup line for Ohio. Ky had the worst group of players in the five years I have attended, especially from a shooting aspect. Now Kenny has nice moves around the basket and seems to have range from the three point line, not that is what Sean will be expecting him to do. He also had at least two blocks in the game and was 4 for 4 from the free throw line. If he doesn't start from day one, I will be very surprised. Though, he does not have all the skills of Kevin Love, he is even bigger than Love, and his upside is very high.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 796 guests