With a grieving heart I let the Xavier Nation know that Brian Dargin McCormick passed away Wednesday. We were blessed to have him for 33 years. We do not know the exact reason why Brian died and autopsy results will take two to three months. Brian knew and loved many of you from this and the other boards. If you were a friend of his – you knew it. He also loved Xavier unconditionally. Brian relished in our team’s victories, blamed the refs for our losses, and absolutely loved beating UD in every way possible. Many of you will pray for him and his family. Many will ask “what can we do to help?” Believe me, the McCormick’s thank you for your support. However, here’s what you really must do: give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of.
God Bless,
Matt McCormick ’92, ‘95
[[Posted by PMThor with the permission of Matt]]
Pablo goes to see Skip
-
PM Thor
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:18 pm
- Contact:
-
Xpectations
- Posts: 136
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:14 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I can't believe it. I'm beyond stunned. I met Brian and his family at a game during the '07 season when he invited me and my little girl come down to sit with them. That was quite a thrill for her because as some of you who know me know that I'm well up in the nosebleeds wtih X-Band, Snipe and others.
Brian made us feel extremely welcome and was gracious the entire night. I'll never forget how kind he was to us.
After that night, whenever my daughter and I would go to the Cintas for a game, she would always ask me, "Dad, is Brian and (Muskieman, whom she also met and was very nice to her) here tonight?" And I would always say I'm sure they are.
I still plan on telling her that in the future, as I'm certain Brian will continue following his team.
Prayers to Brian and Brian's family. I am deeply, deeply sorry for your loss.
Brian made us feel extremely welcome and was gracious the entire night. I'll never forget how kind he was to us.
After that night, whenever my daughter and I would go to the Cintas for a game, she would always ask me, "Dad, is Brian and (Muskieman, whom she also met and was very nice to her) here tonight?" And I would always say I'm sure they are.
I still plan on telling her that in the future, as I'm certain Brian will continue following his team.
Prayers to Brian and Brian's family. I am deeply, deeply sorry for your loss.
-
xeus
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:50 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Matt, I am so sorry to hear about Brian. I received a phone call today, and then another, and still didn't quite believe the news.
Brian was one of the most passionate Xavier fans I've ever known. He truly loved Xavier University and everything it stands for. I got to know him mostly through MM and from games at the Cintas. He made me a better fan with his undying support of the team and the university. His passion was truly special.
Matt, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Brian was one of the most passionate Xavier fans I've ever known. He truly loved Xavier University and everything it stands for. I got to know him mostly through MM and from games at the Cintas. He made me a better fan with his undying support of the team and the university. His passion was truly special.
Matt, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Welcome fellow scholars.
-
Filthy Chilean
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:39 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Brian was one of my closest friends and with all personal sorrow aside, I must say his family is one of the most loving and caring families I've ever had the pleasure to know. Their love for Brian was without bounds. The McCormicks need your prays.
Brian and I shared many, many times together and I cannot begin to explain how much this hurts and how much I will miss him. My 7 week old daughter never had the privilege to meet Brian and for that I am sorry. Knowing Brian, he is looking down on her from a better place.
Those who really knew Brian realize how devastating
this is. His love for Xavier was deep and that passion made him such a wonderful person.
God speed and I love you man.
Brian and I shared many, many times together and I cannot begin to explain how much this hurts and how much I will miss him. My 7 week old daughter never had the privilege to meet Brian and for that I am sorry. Knowing Brian, he is looking down on her from a better place.
Those who really knew Brian realize how devastating
this is. His love for Xavier was deep and that passion made him such a wonderful person.
God speed and I love you man.
-
Evel Knievel
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:06 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Sad sad day.
Last edited by Evel Knievel on Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
bleedXblue
- Posts: 852
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:10 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Godspeed Brian....my prayers are with your family !
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I'm too stunned to say something of great value.
My prayers are with him and his family.
God bless.
My prayers are with him and his family.
God bless.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
The Blue Blob
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Wow, I am shocked. Brian was a class ahead of me at X and I knew him well. Not sure what to say other than it is a terrible loss for his and the Xavier family. I said a prayer for him this morning. So young. It is scary since I am the same age. I have been touched by death through my life and knew people around my age that have passed, but this really hits home. Wow.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26783
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
I am shocked and saddened. Pablo was a great guy and so concerned when I was sick. My prayers are with him and his family. The Xavier nation has been dealt a mighty blow and we all morn his passing.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
xbus
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:18 am
- Contact:
Re: Pablo goes to see Skip
Sad day for XU...
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 713 guests
