Ford staying at UMass
07:36 PM EDT Thursday, April 10, 2008
AMHERST, Mass. -- Travis Ford has told Providence College officials he will not accept their offer to become the next coach at PC, deciding instead to remain at the University of Massachusetts.
PROVIDENCE LOSES WITH TRAVIS
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
-
xuhuh!
- Posts: 3656
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:05 pm
- Contact:
Re: PROVIDENCE LOSES WITH TRAVIS
i think travis ford did not want to miss the annual sean miller basketball clinic!Wisexuowl wrote:Ford staying at UMass
07:36 PM EDT Thursday, April 10, 2008
AMHERST, Mass. -- Travis Ford has told Providence College officials he will not accept their offer to become the next coach at PC, deciding instead to remain at the University of Massachusetts.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: PROVIDENCE LOSES WITH TRAVIS
Good call by Ford. Except for Rick Pitino, Providence hasn't proved to be that good a job for coaches on the rise.
I remember Gillen saying that the Providence fans had totally unrealistic Elite Eight/Final Four-type expectations which no coach could possibly meet.
Had he not unexpectedly made the Elite Eight one year, his job was in jeopardy, for that matter.
I remember Gillen saying that the Providence fans had totally unrealistic Elite Eight/Final Four-type expectations which no coach could possibly meet.
Had he not unexpectedly made the Elite Eight one year, his job was in jeopardy, for that matter.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
xcellent
- Posts: 191
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: PROVIDENCE LOSES WITH TRAVIS
I agree that is a good idea for him to stay. UMass is much closer to making the tourney then Providence, and he can probably recruit better there too.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26785
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: PROVIDENCE LOSES WITH TRAVIS
I am glad he stayed...for UMass and the A-10. Hope this helps with stability and impression that the A-10 is a stepping stone.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 491 guests
