Page 1 of 1

HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:28 pm
by Mr. Neutral
http://www.qbforce.com/tate/

Check out the "Media Package" page in particular.

Maybe he's that good, I don't know. But you have to assume that he's going to be a pain in the *** for whichever school eventually lands him.

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:42 pm
by muskieman
Just think of what Gorilla69 could have been with a web page.

Maybe he would have enough money to pay off his beer debts.

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:01 pm
by 10-20-30
Just glad to know ohio state doesn't need to deal with this idiot with boekman and pryor on campus

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:40 pm
by MarvAlbert
Last year, I ran into a kid at a party (i'm currently a student at a small state school in PA) who mentioned he went to Wilson High School (with chad henne). When I asked him what Henne was like, his reply was that he was a total dick and one time when the kid i was talking to accidentally bumped into henne in the hallway, henne's response was "watch where you're going. don't you know who i am? i'm a future nfl star!"

I just thought of the story when i saw the title

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:55 pm
by MarionHall4ever
Check out his letter to prospective coaches. He'd like them to believe that "academic's" (sic) [his spelling, not mine] are important to him. Maybe the lucky Coach who lands him can instruct him in the proper use of an apostrophe. What the hell, he seems to know everything else.

I also see from his resume that he went to the Marinovich camp -- which automatically makes him one of the "Stepford" children of the gridiron.

Add to that a dose of hubris that could take down a T-Rex and I think what we may have here is the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:48 pm
by Mr. Neutral
And if Todd Marinovich is any example of what the camp produces, I'd look elsewhere. He was one of the worst pro QB's of all time. I had the misfortune to sit through a Bears-LA Raiders game where the opposing QB's were Mike Tomczak and Marinovich. The final score was 6-3, and it remains the single worst offensive performance I've ever seen in an NFL game.

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:37 pm
by xubuck
ESPN or somebody had a feature last night of all-time busts. Some were unfair (Kijana Carter and Steve Entemann(sp??) due to injuries, but Marinovich was in the top 10 and Ryan Leaf was voted number 1 bust of alltime.

Re: HS QB just a tad full of himself

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 pm
by Mr. Neutral
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/n ... id=3325687

Above is the link to ESPN.com's top 50 all-time busts of the NFL draft, which may or may not be the list you were referring to.