Page 1 of 1

Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:26 pm
by kgeorge10
news from the Xavier Newswire's own Sports Editor Doug Tifft....

"I just got word that Xavier is "99 percent done" with a deal to play a neutral court game at the Meadowlands in New Jersey against Duke next season. When I talked with Bobinski earlier he referenced such a game, and said that it would be on CBS. I'm trying to contact Bobinski to confirm the game."

it's right here on the Newswires blog
http://xunewswire.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... -duke.html

UPDATE:
http://xunewswire.blogspot.com/2008/04/ ... -cont.html

i got in contact with Doug Tifft and he said when he talked to Bobinski he seemed to stumble with the conversation. He seemed suprised that the cat was out of the bag... Doug still seems confident in his source.

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:28 pm
by Mr. Neutral
That would be sweet!

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:35 pm
by xuhuh!
this matchup and the meadowlands was mentioned on 'the sean miller radio show' when a caller asked sean about next year's schedule. is it too early to complain about the refs?

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:55 pm
by MarionHall4ever
This is a road trip I want to make. When anybody hears anything about ticket sales for this, please post the info immediately.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Xavier vs. Duke 08-09

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:44 pm
by xcellent
This should be very interesting for me. I just moved to Raleigh and have some friends who are Duke Grad students. I hate Duke with a passion though, and would love to be able to beat them. Hopefully we have PG figured out by this time.