Page 1 of 1
OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:30 pm
by Mr. Neutral
After X was fortunate to enjoy several years of top 50/100 teams and individuals, Golfweek.com ranks X #137 in Div. I, and our highest-rated players are #579 Peter O'Neill and #621 Michael Beausejour.
The conference tourney is May 2-4 at Orange County National in Winter Haven FL.
http://www.golfweek.com/college/mens/st ... nships-men
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:47 pm
by muskieman
I am sure you and mor have eligibility left!
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:11 am
by Masterofreality
muskieman wrote:I am sure you and mor have eligibility left!
Nope. I'm exhausted. 4 years and out. Amazingly, while freshmen could not participate in the major sports like basketball and football, freshmen were eligible in stuff like golf back in the day.
Orange County National are interesting tracks. Are they playing both Panther Lake and Crooked Cat? They can set them up to be real tough. They play the finals of the PGA Q School there. I've played them and didn't play badly, but the bermuda greens are a challenge if you'r not used to that grass.
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 am
by payday
I would have loved the opportunity to play in a conference tournament, and play on the kind of courses these kids are exposed to today. The furthest South we played in my 4 years was Berea, KY (LOL). I also would have enjoyed playing the bulk of our schedule in the Fall when the weather was warmer and drier.
GO X - Good Luck in the conference tournament.
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:20 pm
by Mr. Neutral
http://www.ocngolf.com/sites/courses/la ... page=23478
If you want to check out the course(s), click the link above.
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 pm
by muskieman
Playing on any course is a bit of heaven but Southern courses in the dead of winter...proof of GOD>
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:45 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Absolutely, mm.
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:12 am
by payday
I'm going to play a little customer golf today. 1st time out this year, should be exciting (LOL).
Re: OT: XU men's golf team gets ready for A10 tourney
Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:22 am
by Mr. Neutral
Thanks for rubbing it in, payday.
Have fun and hit 'em straight.