Page 1 of 1

Steve Thomas will enter the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:35 pm
by gundun
The list of inductees is impressive.
http://www.ohiohoopzone.com/Inductees08.htm

Wonder why I haven't seen anything in the local paper about it, especially Bobby Huggins is joining Steve.

Re: Steve Thomas will enter the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:00 pm
by gym from delhi
Gundun, in my opinion a long overdue honor. I believe you know Steve personally' please passon my congrats. I still recall quite fondly his games against Villanova, Detroit, and UC at the Gardens. He remains my all-time favorite Xavier player.

Re: Steve Thomas will enter the Ohio Basketball Hall of Fame

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:52 pm
by nickgyp
I was only a kid when I saw Thomas play. He averaged 30 ppg as a junior and there was no three point basket. He sure was a treat to watch. Too bad he hurt his knee which essentially ended his career. One of X's best ever! Congrats to him on the selection.

His jersey should be on the wall at Cintas.