Page 1 of 1

Report on Frease

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:38 pm
by Gorilla '69
I ran in to an ex neighbor recently who is a local HS coach. He has been heavily involved in the Ohio North/South All Star game for a long time. He told me Kenny is one of his all time favorite players at the game. Not the BEST player but his favorite in terms of personality, coachable, desire to learn and wanting to win. He said he has good hands, footwork, nice touch and a banger. Said he needs to get stronger but the XU staff will take care of that and should be a very solid four year player at X.

And he wasn't just blowing smoke at me because he knows I am a big fan. He has also been critical of X in the past.

Re: Report on Frease

Posted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:43 pm
by Masterofreality
The Big Frease is the real deal. This kid is no Adam Simons or Bob "Sky" King.

People will be surprised at how well he shoots from mid-range, but he'll get jiggy wit' it down low too. His minutes will gradually increase during next year. JLove will be the starter, I feel confident, but we may see some "twin towers" action.

Re: Report on Frease

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:17 pm
by X Factor
I saw Kenny play in the North/South All-Star Game a couple of weeks ago.

He was VERY impressive. He is really big, has a nice touch out to 18 feet and can even knock down the three. He scored twice with a turn around jumper over the defender from about 15 and 17 feet. You don't see many college big men scoring like that, especially a 7 footer. He also scored down low using his size to his advantage. He will take it up and throw it down which I love out of a big man. He has really good hands and can pass out of the post.

I know he won't put up huge numbers next year, but he has a chance to be a dominant college center before his time is over at Xavier.

Re: Report on Frease

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:45 pm
by muskieman
Did MOR say "get jiggy wit' it"? I thought it was too early in the season to get sun stroke.