if you like pro ball.
Joakim Noah arrested for possession of marijuana
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... 08.article
Now this is something to cry about
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Now this is something to cry about
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
Joakim Noah .... possession of marijuana
Are we really that surprised?
Are we really that surprised?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
Not to minimize an arrest, but who amongst us hasn't walked down the street with an open beer or glass of something alcoholic? I've done it, oh, about a thousand times.
And is it a shocker that a 20-something kid (and that's what he is; a millionaire kid, but a kid nonetheless) smokes some weed? If you know teens and twentysomethings at all, you (should) know how common it is. It certainly was when WE were in college, and nothing's changed.
At some point, we're going to have to acknowledge that these things are very, very, very common, and not necessarily a sign that a young player is a problem child.
I remember an Indy alumni bus trip where one of the alums got arrested by an overzealous Cincy cop the moment my buddy stepped off the bus for holding an open beer. It was a waste of the City's resources to even bother with such a minimal violation.
And is it a shocker that a 20-something kid (and that's what he is; a millionaire kid, but a kid nonetheless) smokes some weed? If you know teens and twentysomethings at all, you (should) know how common it is. It certainly was when WE were in college, and nothing's changed.
At some point, we're going to have to acknowledge that these things are very, very, very common, and not necessarily a sign that a young player is a problem child.
I remember an Indy alumni bus trip where one of the alums got arrested by an overzealous Cincy cop the moment my buddy stepped off the bus for holding an open beer. It was a waste of the City's resources to even bother with such a minimal violation.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
If the worst thing Noah does is be in possession of pot, not really a sniiffle from me. I'm a bit more troubled by the head the kid seems to have on team play with the Bulls. I can't tell if it is papered over or he really did get religion.
Chicago fans, what is your take?
Chicago fans, what is your take?
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
Noah played hard, often well, and seemingly within the team concept. If every guy on last year's team gave his effort, they wouldn't have had such a crappy season. He may never be a star, but he could play a long time in the league with that length, athleticism and effort.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Wisexuowl
- Posts: 1062
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
Open cans, drinks in plastic cups ... live in New Orleans awhile, then go somewhere else ... it's a tough habit to break!
Here in TX until recently, an open can in the car was no problem .. so long as you had it in a dinky brown paper bag made especially for that purpose.
That has changed ... and for the good too.
I recall the fist week living here and driving to the office, I'd see people in other cars drinking beer, and wondered about it.
Then I learned that Houston, like all big cities, is a 24-hour work day and these folks were just on the way home after the 11-7 shift.
Here in TX until recently, an open can in the car was no problem .. so long as you had it in a dinky brown paper bag made especially for that purpose.
That has changed ... and for the good too.
I recall the fist week living here and driving to the office, I'd see people in other cars drinking beer, and wondered about it.
Then I learned that Houston, like all big cities, is a 24-hour work day and these folks were just on the way home after the 11-7 shift.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
AAAHhhh You are still basking in the the fact that the Bulls are on the clock and they have a few picks from which to decide will be their next MJ.Mr. Neutral wrote:Noah played hard, often well, and seemingly within the team concept. If every guy on last year's team gave his effort, they wouldn't have had such a crappy season. He may never be a star, but he could play a long time in the league with that length, athleticism and effort.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
I don't know if "basking" is the right word. Basically, we're all just crossing our fingers and hoping that this golden opportunity doesn't turn to sh*t.
Rose v. Beasley: you could talk about their plusses and minuses all day, and not come to a definitive conclusion.
Rose v. Beasley: you could talk about their plusses and minuses all day, and not come to a definitive conclusion.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
I'd like to see you get Rose. A ball handler can do so much to make others better.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Now this is something to cry about
That's certainly a strong argument, but the Bulls seem to be impressed by Beasley's ability to score inside and outside, a la Rasheed Wallace, and that's something they need as well.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 857 guests
