Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
It will be interesting the news Sean gives out tonight.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Frambo
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
an update would be greatly appreciated muskieman!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
Two interesting points were the Duke game announcement from Sean and that the trip to PR will included Memphis as one of the teams. Sean mentioned that there had been one team missing and the tournament had announced they were going to add a low major....the low major was Memphis, he said with a slight laugh.
Sean did say that the seniors Brown, BJ and CJ seem to be stepping into the leadership role and want a better season next year. The new guys have been on campus from time to time and have played a little in open gym. BJ gave the 2 guards something to look forward to by saying after he heard how much they weighed that he was 75 pounds bigger. Sean talked about the weight program. he said that they get him in the weight room and one day while he was in there that BJ was in there and had the same weight on a leg exercise, Sean was doing. Sean saw that BJ had the same weight that Sean usually uses, 325-350 or so, and was quite proud of himself until BJ proceeded to do a set of 12 with one leg.
Sean also mentioned that as Cage challenged Stan, stan has challenged Jackson and Sean believes that Jackson might be the D stopper next year.
As for the graduating guys the update is that Stan and Duncan have both had 8 individual workouts and one team coach said about Stanley that he has never seen someone with as much energy, enthusiasm and nastiness as Stan. He said that all will be playing ball next year somewhere.
He gave props to Bill Comar and mentioned that he would be going to Chicago to coach with Loyola.
Frambo, your buddy XavierBob was there and we missed you.
Approximately 200 guests dined on steak, potato, salad and green beans. And of course BEER
As usual Kevin Pater (another class of 72 grad) put together the quintessential outing. Butler County steak fry turned 40 this year and it only gets better because of Kevin.
Sean did say that the seniors Brown, BJ and CJ seem to be stepping into the leadership role and want a better season next year. The new guys have been on campus from time to time and have played a little in open gym. BJ gave the 2 guards something to look forward to by saying after he heard how much they weighed that he was 75 pounds bigger. Sean talked about the weight program. he said that they get him in the weight room and one day while he was in there that BJ was in there and had the same weight on a leg exercise, Sean was doing. Sean saw that BJ had the same weight that Sean usually uses, 325-350 or so, and was quite proud of himself until BJ proceeded to do a set of 12 with one leg.
Sean also mentioned that as Cage challenged Stan, stan has challenged Jackson and Sean believes that Jackson might be the D stopper next year.
As for the graduating guys the update is that Stan and Duncan have both had 8 individual workouts and one team coach said about Stanley that he has never seen someone with as much energy, enthusiasm and nastiness as Stan. He said that all will be playing ball next year somewhere.
He gave props to Bill Comar and mentioned that he would be going to Chicago to coach with Loyola.
Frambo, your buddy XavierBob was there and we missed you.
Approximately 200 guests dined on steak, potato, salad and green beans. And of course BEER
As usual Kevin Pater (another class of 72 grad) put together the quintessential outing. Butler County steak fry turned 40 this year and it only gets better because of Kevin.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
Thanks for the wrapup, mm, and kudos to fellow '72 grad Kevin Pater for doing a bang-up job on this event year after year.
I'm going to have to come in for this thing one year.
I'm going to have to come in for this thing one year.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
a number of 72 grads attend every year and it would be great to see the sage of Chicago.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Lead Guitar
- Posts: 622
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
Great to read the update--One thing caught my attention--
Three seniors--Brown, BJ & CJ.
I realize that Brown red-shirted and that he could be a senior classwise, but he is a junior as far as eligibility. Because there has been speculation on this board and nationally that he could be a 1st round draft pick next year, could we read into this comment that we will only see Derrick for one more year? I am assuming that he will graduate next year. Could this be why we might be first in line for Ari Stewart--playing time possibilities?
Anyone heard anything?
Three seniors--Brown, BJ & CJ.
I realize that Brown red-shirted and that he could be a senior classwise, but he is a junior as far as eligibility. Because there has been speculation on this board and nationally that he could be a 1st round draft pick next year, could we read into this comment that we will only see Derrick for one more year? I am assuming that he will graduate next year. Could this be why we might be first in line for Ari Stewart--playing time possibilities?
Anyone heard anything?
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
Lead, He has that option. i hope Posey talks to him. Posey said during his first year that if given a choice with what he then knew he would have stayed a X for another year.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Frambo
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
MM - thanks for the news!!! I wish I could have made it last night, but a family trip to Key West trumped the steak fry.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
That is a trip that might make me miss the fry.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Butler county steak fry tonight. 6-18-08
One other comment Sean made was about Mclean. He said that he can jump as high as Brown but has to do it off two feet rather than one. I got a chuckle out of that because maybe he does read our little place here and knows how we value that type of info.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1132 guests
