NBA draft

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Nocalmuskie
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:02 pm
Contact:

NBA draft

Postby Nocalmuskie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm

How good was Xavier's competition last year?

The Muskies faced five of the first eight picks in the draft: Beasley, Westbrook, Love, Gordon, Alexander.

Against their teams, the X-men went 3-1.

By the way, I would not trade any of these one-year college players for Burrell or Duncan.
Last edited by Nocalmuskie on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: NBA draft

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 pm

Our schedule was fine, but we only got to play Love, Westbrook and Alexander because of how the NCAA draws worked out, not because we scheduled them.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Brian Fantana
Posts: 170
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: NBA draft

Postby Brian Fantana » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:55 pm

are all these other 6'8" forwards really that much better than Duncan?
"They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time."
Getreal
Posts: 488
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: NBA draft

Postby Getreal » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:07 am

Not an A-10 player taken all night. This league still has a ways to go.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: NBA draft

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:02 am

Right. I thought Calathes would go 2nd round, and possibly Tyndale, JD, and/or Forbes, but......
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26788
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: NBA draft

Postby muskieman » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:48 am

Glad to see the Bulls pick Rose and that I was right in my prediction. I will be surprised if OJ makes as big a splash as the first two guys.

The NBA draft is only worth it if you are a lottery pick or possibly a 1st rounder. Not going in the draft might be a blessing if a player has the right agent.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 937 guests