Page 1 of 1

This year's freshman class

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:58 pm
by Lead Guitar
In year's past we had the opportunity to see the freshmen in the summer league. The summer season is over in two weeks and I have not seen any of their names in the box scores. I know that Frease has been in Europe, but what about all of our guards? Have they been on campus? pick-up games at the Cintas Center? Have they been spotted?

I am not too interested in watching Northern KY and Miami and UC players at Woodward, so if anyone has a "heads-up" when or if any of our new guys will participate, please let us know.

The best rumors (only rumors) I have heard are McClean (might be a Torrye Braggs type center) has a good shot at starting at the center position over Love and Frease and that we may still see a surprise transfer in town for this season.

Re: This year's freshmen class

Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:24 pm
by Mr. Neutral
You have to figure that Miller's got to find minutes for McLean somewhere, I'm just not sure where. I'd be very surprised if he jumped ahead of Love at the center spot, given Love's improvement last year, and that Love gives us legitimate length and shotblocking in the middle. McLean playing some at the C spot would allow Frease more time to develop if needed.

And I can't imagine McLean taking the PF spot away from Brown, either. Miller seems to have a LOT of options, so he could shuttle guys in and out, rotate guys among several positions, or match up certain lineups against certain teams or players.

I assume the surprise transfer would be Jordan Crawford, but nobody's figured out how Crawford can fit on the roster, seeing as how all of X's scholarships are accounted for, at least as of today.

Re: This year's freshmen class

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am
by MuskieSuperFan
I'm concerned because I am hearing there may be some problems with Mark Lyons. Is anyone else hearing this? Something about a fight at the end of the school year that may make him not admissible? If that is the case, who becomes our Point Guard for next year? I hope this rumor is incorrect so if anyone has seen Mark Lyons around please update here...

Thanks

Re: This year's freshmen class

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 am
by Mr. Neutral
I don't recall any such issue w/Lyons. Are you sure you're not confusing him with possible recruit Kevin Parrom?

Re: This year's freshmen class

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:34 pm
by Lead Guitar
But where are they? Have any of them made it to Cincinnati?

Re: This year's freshmen class

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:39 pm
by rickf
My understanding is that McLean and Frease are/were out of the country playing
on all-star teams

Re: This year's freshman class

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:08 pm
by sash19
The freshman just arrived on campus on Saturday. They will make their debut either tomorrow night or Saturday.

Re: This year's freshman class

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:36 pm
by Lead Guitar
That is good to hear. I am sure we will get a report from one or more of the regulars.

Re: This year's freshman class

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:32 pm
by MuskieCinci
I was on campus today and I met Brian and Kenny. I was in the student center about to get Subway and they came up to me and introduced themselves. I didn't get a chance to talk to them though because they had their first college class today, but they both seemed like nice and polite guys. They will get their first action tonight in an open gym.