http://www.hoopsworld.com/college/story ... ry_id=9151
I wonder what Arizona thinks about this as Jennings is listed as signed LOI?
Maybe not one and done maybe never went!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Maybe not one and done maybe never went!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
tacitus
- Posts: 1415
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maybe not one and done maybe never went!
I don't know what to think about what it would do NCAA basketball. If it caught on, and only the "one and done" types took this route, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If other "potential" NBA players (i.e. players that could play anywhere from two to four years in the NCAA, before having a shot at getting drafted) started going over... or even worse, if anyone who could get on a first (or second league) European team went over, it could completely change the system over here. I guess it would internationalize basketball. The NCAA would have to start going after a lot more international talent to fill the void. That is of course an extreme...
For the players though, especially those who are NBA bound before graduation, it is a win-win situation. The competition is, while different, very good. There are established coaches and systems. The door to the NBA is opening more and more. They can start making money now. Some of them would be taken out of a culture that causes them to make poor decisions, while at the same time, they wouldn't be held to such high Puritan standards, off the court; in short, some of them would probably get in less trouble. And from personal experience, one or two years abroad is a much greater learning experience for an individual than one or two years of skipping class and partying at an American University. If they were sincere about studying on the side... well, believe it or not, they have universities in most other countries too.
I like the idea... though possible ramifications for NCAA basketball scares me...
For the players though, especially those who are NBA bound before graduation, it is a win-win situation. The competition is, while different, very good. There are established coaches and systems. The door to the NBA is opening more and more. They can start making money now. Some of them would be taken out of a culture that causes them to make poor decisions, while at the same time, they wouldn't be held to such high Puritan standards, off the court; in short, some of them would probably get in less trouble. And from personal experience, one or two years abroad is a much greater learning experience for an individual than one or two years of skipping class and partying at an American University. If they were sincere about studying on the side... well, believe it or not, they have universities in most other countries too.
I like the idea... though possible ramifications for NCAA basketball scares me...
Let's March!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26787
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Maybe not one and done maybe never went!
NCAA rules scare me. They are hell bent on punishing the wrong people and letting programs that have a high profile get away with things by giving them a slap on the hand. IU punishment will probably verify it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 889 guests
