Page 1 of 1

Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:59 pm
by Mr. Neutral
A little better.

18 minutes, 9 pts., 3-5 FG (1-1 3pt.), 2-2FT, 3 rebounds, 3 fouls.

Pat Calathes (SJU) didn't do much-3 pts. in 9 minutes.

Beasley went 1-13 from the floor, with 7 (?) personal fouls. Apparently, you can't foul out in these games.

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_4_Box_Score.pdf

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:46 am
by Mr. Neutral
More, from a Miami blogger---

"Josh Duncan was inserted in to the starting lineup, replacing David Padgett. Duncan had a solid game, with nine points on three-of-five shooting, but he is not anywhere close to Miami's answer at the center. He is more of a perimeter player, and the Heat do not need another Marcus Blount."

http://chiefdiego.blogspot.com/2008/07/ ... -beat.html

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:37 am
by muskieman
Josh Duncan at center vs. Shaq, Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Andrew Bynum and Tyson Chandler...don't think it will work...hope I am wrong.

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:46 am
by Mr. Neutral
No way is JD an NBA center. He's a PF at best.

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:42 am
by muskieman
Josh will be playing for money somewhere and at least this is giving him a chance. Stranger things have happened. He must use his strength and shooting ability to his advantage. The men in the NBA will be ripping that ball out every time he gets it. As for fouls, it is not your local pick up game; foul and foul heavy, don't let them score.

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 am
by muskieman
As for Beasley...1st rounders get 10 fouls or it seems that way. I heard a few years ago that you get extra fouls or you can not foul out because coaches want to have film on the guys they want. I think Josh should test that limit.

Re: Duncan-Game 2

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm
by MuskieCinci
I remember last year during the summer league before Greg Oden got injured he would routinely get 9 or 10 fouls. I think the referees in summer league are just as sloppy as the players, so I think they just change the foul limit to 10.