D. Brown impressive at LeBron James Skills Academy

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

D. Brown impressive at LeBron James Skills Academy

Postby Mr. Neutral » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:14 am

Most impressive: If 6-10, 188-pound North Carolina recruit John Henson was the most consistently impressive high school performer, then Xavier's 6-7 Derrick Brown was the most consistently impressive collegian.

Quick, strong and athletic, this lefty only lacks the pure jump shot to be a sure NBA lottery pick in the 2009 NBA Draft. But shy of that he is certainly on the NBA scouts radar and with a strong season for the Musketeers he will be a sure draft pick, lottery or not.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/0 ... f_leb.html
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26787
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: D. Brown impressive at LeBron James Skills Academy

Postby muskieman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 am

Brown like Posey will be successful in the NBA. When Brown came to X I met him and I will never forget his first words to me. He told me he was young, then went out an impressed me with his skills. I came back and wrote on this board that he reminded me of Posey not just because of his build but the way he played the game(long). People said it was too early to call him a Posey but I think some are coming around to seeing it in Brown. While there are some different skills they look some much alike in their D game. I hope that Brown has a POY type year but I will miss him if he does.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1068 guests