Page 1 of 1

Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:29 pm
by Mr. Neutral
....due to an abdominal strain. Not looking good for either of our guys.

Calathes isn't doing much, either. UMass' Stephane Lasme might stick, though.

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game12_Box_Score.pdf

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:02 am
by muskieman
I hope he can get back to playing like the Josh we know.

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:27 am
by muskieman
I noticed the #1 choice of the Bulls got a DNP CD for two games after not really lighting it up in the first two games.

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:38 am
by Mr. Neutral
Derrick Rose had a slight knee strain, so the Bulls sat him down as a precaution. He's expected to play tonight. It wasn't a performance-related benching.

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:24 pm
by muskieman
I think he had 10 pts and 9 pts in two games, with a .29% shooting average. They said coach's decision and it might be the ankle but if it was Josh or others the opinion would be they were not have a good game.

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:38 pm
by Mr. Neutral
mm, trust me, John Paxson and Vinnie Del Negro didn't sit Rose because he didn't light it up the first two games. They have absolutely no reason to not give the #1 overall pick all the PT he wants/needs. If anything, they wanted to give Rose as much PT as possible so he and his new teammates can get used to each other, and so Rose could get used to the pro game.

His sitting out for two games was due to the knee (not ankle) and not performance. Nor do I doubt the abdominal strain issue with Duncan. JD didn't really play that well in the minutes he did get, but we have no confirmable reason to doubt his injury.

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:43 pm
by muskieman
Hey, I was the guy that thought Rose was the better pick when everyone called for Beasley. I think you are right but like I said if it was Josh the spin would be different.

Re: Another "DND" (did not dress) for Josh....

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:50 pm
by Mr. Neutral
<<I think you are right but like I said if it was Josh the spin would be different.>>

Rose is a #1 pick that the organization's trying to protect at all costs, and who the club wants on the court as much as possible. JD isn't in that position, but I have no reason to doubt either injury.