Page 1 of 1

Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 am
by Mr. Neutral
http://xunewswire.blogspot.com/2008/07/ ... eague.html

This guy is not nearly as high on Lyons as many of us (who haven't seen him play) have been.

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:21 am
by X Factor
And this guy has seen Lyons play exactly ONE time, in a summer league game for that matter. I'm not worried at all.

When talking about BJ being automatic from 3 point land, he mentioned Jon Diebler too. Comparing Diebler to Raymond as a shooter is absolutely hilarious. Did Diebler shoot 30% from 3 last year?

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:56 am
by MillerTime
Yea, some of his stuff looked like credible insight, but comparing BJ Raymond to Jon Diebler is pretty comical. He must have watched him in HS, not at OSU. Making exact scoring predictions is pretty meaningless as well.

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:51 pm
by wkrq59
The young man is obviously learning his would-be trade. Too much repetition, too many attempts to show technical knowledge.

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:43 am
by _LH
I actually attended Saturday's first game and got to see Brown, Raymond, Lyons and Frease.

On a side note, Gary Lumpkin is still on a cold streak.

Raymond actually played excellent defense on Brown for the entire game, often cutting Brown's drives off early and holding him to 15 points.

Lyons will be really good. In warm ups I was watching this little guy throw the ball off the back board, rise up and dunk it. I wondered you this guy thought he was, showing off his hoops. When the lineups were announced I found out it was Lyons. This kid has unreal athletic ability that he will be able to show case in a real team game on a regular size basketball floor.

Frease barely played but he had a soft mid range jumper and looked like a man amoungst boys out there. DSL is guard oriented so one will not see too many post feeds.

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:26 am
by Pierre Dracot
Is Brad Redford in the league?

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:35 pm
by jct1941
Though I was not there Saturday, I did look at the box score and the only thing that I noticed was that Frease was 2-6 from the field with 4 rebounds. He had 0 assists, 0 TO's, and ZERO blocks. I did not see who wrote the acticle but at least the segment on Frease didn't seem accurate. Now, I have offend wondered about Deveroes box scores because many times they do not seem accurate. Whatever the case, I believe that XU will be JUST FINE this coming season. On Thursday's game, I walked out with Dante Jackson and he believes we will be just as good as last year after the new guys get adjusted. I agree that we have enough experience coming back to be very good. Time will tell!!!!

Re: Summer league observations re Brown, Lyons, Raymond, Frease

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:55 pm
by _LH
Frease barely played. I do not know if it was because he was a late addition to the team or if tempo dictated a smaller lineup. Saturday's championship game will feature Gates versus Frease, so I expect Frease will have to play more