Since X does not have a team- lets all support UC football. A former member of our club team is on UC's roster Josh Canafax.
UC has sold over 11k season tickets and finished last year #18 in the AP Poll. They wew 10-3. Who is with me?
Football Question
-
MuskieGary
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:08 am
- Contact:
-
gym from delhi
- Posts: 733
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
Gary, X does have a very successful Club Team, which won their league last year, and currently has 7 games scheduled this fall; I attended all home games last year, plus the away game at Miami. It was a lot of fun, plus being pretty good football. New supporters/attendees are always welcome.
-
xubuck
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:44 pm
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
I agree. Season tickets are quite reasonable and they are a lot more fun to watch than the Bengals. I think I paid about #36 for two season tickets on the 30 yard line last year--piggybacked onto a UCATS member friend. Good tailgate section near their alumni center as well.
Still prefer OSU, but season tickets there are about $1000 plus large donations.
Still prefer OSU, but season tickets there are about $1000 plus large donations.
-
xu2010
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:10 pm
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
No Way! Everyone needs to cheer for the Blue and Gold of Notre Dame!
and the steelers
and the steelers
-
Frambo
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
xu2010 wrote:No Way! Everyone needs to cheer for the Blue and Gold of Notre Dame!
or.......cheer weekly for every team that is playing ND! Gotta "love" their fat, arrogant coach! Go Buckeyes!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26788
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
I do! I cheer every week when they lose.xu2010 wrote:No Way! Everyone needs to cheer for the Blue and Gold of Notre Dame!
and the steelers
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Roach
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:04 am
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
muskieman wrote:
I do! I cheer every week when they lose.
It should be declared heresy for any American Catholic to root against the football team of Our Lady's University, especially vis-a-vis hooligan programs like OSU. It is your moral obligation to support the Irish!!!
-
Frambo
- Posts: 273
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
I thought hooligans were Irish???Roach wrote:muskieman wrote:
I do! I cheer every week when they lose.
It should be declared heresy for any American Catholic to root against the football team of Our Lady's University, especially vis-a-vis hooligan programs like OSU. It is your moral obligation to support the Irish!!!
I'll take care of my moral obligation by following Holy Cross's season.....NEVER Notre Dame! Go Bucks!
-
brownlavender
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
I actually found myself cheering for UC last year when my Irish were getting sacked every other play because of the great O line. It's a litte odd cheering for UC when 99% of UC fans still won't cheer us on after they fail to make the tourney. I guess that's what seperates muskie fans from UC fans. We support our city and are highly intelligent, while they fail to see the reasoning in cheering on a local team. I suppose until the day that X gets a football team that I will continue to cheer half heartedly for UC
-
nickgyp
- Posts: 346
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:48 pm
- Contact:
Re: Football Question
I agree with gym. Xavier's club football team was very successful last fall (I would have loved to see Canafax stay with the club team as he is an outstanding player; however, he wanted t try D-1 football and I admire his determination and wish him good luck).
However, Xavier does have a club team playing seven games this fall and the team includes a number of very good players who played a big part in winning the Midwest club conferece
title. Heck, the club team is going to Lincoln University (MIssouri) in October to play that school's D-II team in its homecoming game.
The Muskie gridders have made great strides in two years of existence and they are worthy of our support.
However, Xavier does have a club team playing seven games this fall and the team includes a number of very good players who played a big part in winning the Midwest club conferece
title. Heck, the club team is going to Lincoln University (MIssouri) in October to play that school's D-II team in its homecoming game.
The Muskie gridders have made great strides in two years of existence and they are worthy of our support.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1616 guests
