Page 1 of 2

Football Question

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 am
by MuskieGary
Since X does not have a team- lets all support UC football. A former member of our club team is on UC's roster Josh Canafax.


UC has sold over 11k season tickets and finished last year #18 in the AP Poll. They wew 10-3. Who is with me?

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:43 am
by gym from delhi
Gary, X does have a very successful Club Team, which won their league last year, and currently has 7 games scheduled this fall; I attended all home games last year, plus the away game at Miami. It was a lot of fun, plus being pretty good football. New supporters/attendees are always welcome.

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm
by xubuck
I agree. Season tickets are quite reasonable and they are a lot more fun to watch than the Bengals. I think I paid about #36 for two season tickets on the 30 yard line last year--piggybacked onto a UCATS member friend. Good tailgate section near their alumni center as well.
Still prefer OSU, but season tickets there are about $1000 plus large donations.

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:42 am
by xu2010
No Way! Everyone needs to cheer for the Blue and Gold of Notre Dame!




and the steelers

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am
by Frambo
xu2010 wrote:No Way! Everyone needs to cheer for the Blue and Gold of Notre Dame!

or.......cheer weekly for every team that is playing ND! Gotta "love" their fat, arrogant coach! Go Buckeyes!

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:49 pm
by muskieman
xu2010 wrote:No Way! Everyone needs to cheer for the Blue and Gold of Notre Dame!




and the steelers
I do! I cheer every week when they lose.

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:29 pm
by Roach
muskieman wrote:
I do! I cheer every week when they lose.

It should be declared heresy for any American Catholic to root against the football team of Our Lady's University, especially vis-a-vis hooligan programs like OSU. It is your moral obligation to support the Irish!!!

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:53 pm
by Frambo
Roach wrote:
muskieman wrote:
I do! I cheer every week when they lose.

It should be declared heresy for any American Catholic to root against the football team of Our Lady's University, especially vis-a-vis hooligan programs like OSU. It is your moral obligation to support the Irish!!!
I thought hooligans were Irish???

I'll take care of my moral obligation by following Holy Cross's season.....NEVER Notre Dame! Go Bucks!

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:17 pm
by brownlavender
I actually found myself cheering for UC last year when my Irish were getting sacked every other play because of the great O line. It's a litte odd cheering for UC when 99% of UC fans still won't cheer us on after they fail to make the tourney. I guess that's what seperates muskie fans from UC fans. We support our city and are highly intelligent, while they fail to see the reasoning in cheering on a local team. I suppose until the day that X gets a football team that I will continue to cheer half heartedly for UC

Re: Football Question

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:45 pm
by nickgyp
I agree with gym. Xavier's club football team was very successful last fall (I would have loved to see Canafax stay with the club team as he is an outstanding player; however, he wanted t try D-1 football and I admire his determination and wish him good luck).

However, Xavier does have a club team playing seven games this fall and the team includes a number of very good players who played a big part in winning the Midwest club conferece
title. Heck, the club team is going to Lincoln University (MIssouri) in October to play that school's D-II team in its homecoming game.

The Muskie gridders have made great strides in two years of existence and they are worthy of our support.