ANDREW TAYLOR

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
rickf
Posts: 770
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm
Contact:

ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby rickf » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Does he get his scholarship back now?
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 pm

It's certainly a possibility, but there's nothing public that any of us has seen. It has been kind of a scholarship roller-coaster ride for Taylor this summer.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
madness31
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:21 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby madness31 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:49 pm

Do we know for sure that Graves is gone? If so, I'd assume he would get the scholarship back. It would be very disappointing if he didn't get the scholarship if Graves does leave.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Yes, it's on Xavier's website (re Graves asking for and getting his release from XU).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
hoosiermuskie
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby hoosiermuskie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:05 pm

Has anyone figured why we gave Andrew a scholy and then he doesn't seem to be in our plans? He didn't seem to be great in Division II
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby Mr. Neutral » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:43 pm

I think all we've been able to come up with is that at the time, Miller didn't have anyone better available, and thought Taylor would be a solid role player. Plus, it appears that they had an understanding that the scholarship might go elsewhere if the opportunity arose.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
Pierre Dracot
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby Pierre Dracot » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:33 pm

With all due respect: Where's the morality in all of this? (Seems like they're playing pretty fast and loose.)
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby muskieman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:With all due respect: Where's the morality in all of this? (Seems like they're playing pretty fast and loose.)
While it may appear that way to you, I am sure you agree you don't know the whole story. Perception is not always reality.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
principal
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby principal » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:09 pm

Pierre Dracot wrote:With all due respect: Where's the morality in all of this? (Seems like they're playing pretty fast and loose.)
Using only *FACTS* which you know to be true, please tell us what immorality has occured? If you are unable to demonstrate based on facts which you know to be true, then perhaps it is best to wait until you have facts before questioning the morality of the university and it's decision makers.

Believe me, the same things are going through my head that are going through everyone else's - or at least the heads of those, like me, who do not have the first clue as to what has transpired. I would recommend holding your tongue unless you know something we don't. If you do, please tell. If you don't, please hold the implied accusation until you do.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: ANDREW TAYLOR

Postby muskieman » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:43 pm

I think they call that rash judgment. Not a very good thing to be known for doing, I am sure you will agree Pierre.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1234 guests