Xavier recruits and transfers

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24669
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Thu May 19, 2022 11:52 am

ampva301 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 12:49 am
I heard a possible 2022 class player, but not another via the portal, although that could change. Thank you for providing this knowledge.
check out the Kosy Akametu post about 4 or 5 above... mentions 2022 class
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
VeroMuskie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:03 am
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby VeroMuskie » Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am

Is there still one scholarship remaining for this season?
kyzrex
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby kyzrex » Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm

VeroMuskie wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am
Is there still one scholarship remaining for this season?
yes
#WHYNOTX?
XU Rocks!
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby XU Rocks! » Wed May 25, 2022 6:31 pm

We'll have an extra seat on the bench for a walk-on available as well. Hercy Miller entered the transfer portal again today.
finalfourorbust
Posts: 1388
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:41 am
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby finalfourorbust » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:27 pm

Why does it seem that Xavier is constantly making offers to an endless number of guards and wings but no elite level post players. Do we have any post players on the radar?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24669
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 pm

finalfourorbust wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:27 pm
Why does it seem that Xavier is constantly making offers to an endless number of guards and wings but no elite level post players. Do we have any post players on the radar?
6'11" Raleigh Burgess averaged 10.5 points, 6 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 21.6 minutes per contest. He shot 62.6 percent from the field overall including 34.8 percent from 3-point range (on 23 attempts).

@raleigh_burgess Extremely excited to announce another offer from Xavier University! Thank you to @DanteJacksonXU
and @CoachMillerXU for the opportunity!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby longliveskip » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:24 am

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 pm
finalfourorbust wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:27 pm
Why does it seem that Xavier is constantly making offers to an endless number of guards and wings but no elite level post players. Do we have any post players on the radar?
6'11" Raleigh Burgess averaged 10.5 points, 6 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 21.6 minutes per contest. He shot 62.6 percent from the field overall including 34.8 percent from 3-point range (on 23 attempts).

@raleigh_burgess Extremely excited to announce another offer from Xavier University! Thank you to @DanteJacksonXU
and @CoachMillerXU for the opportunity!
local kid. would love if he would stay in town. gonna be a beast. probably be over 7 ft by times he graduates. only gonna be a junior but he's gonna be fun to watch.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24669
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:32 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:24 am
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:11 pm
finalfourorbust wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:27 pm
Why does it seem that Xavier is constantly making offers to an endless number of guards and wings but no elite level post players. Do we have any post players on the radar?
6'11" Raleigh Burgess averaged 10.5 points, 6 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 21.6 minutes per contest. He shot 62.6 percent from the field overall including 34.8 percent from 3-point range (on 23 attempts).

@raleigh_burgess Extremely excited to announce another offer from Xavier University! Thank you to @DanteJacksonXU
and @CoachMillerXU for the opportunity!
local kid. would love if he would stay in town. gonna be a beast. probably be over 7 ft by times he graduates. only gonna be a junior but he's gonna be fun to watch.
He has visited IU a number of times and made another IU unofficial visit on Tuesday. He is also playing on the Indiana Elite team this summer and has averaged 10 points, 5.6 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks per game while shooting 50.8 percent from the field overall and 35.7 percent from three on 28 attempts. He has offers from Wake, Cincinnati, Old Miss
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24669
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:15 pm

From his Instagram page international small forward Youssef Khayat announces is final Schools Xavier , Michigan, Wake and DePaul.

youssefkhayat https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce_WRMjs1Hu/
I would like to announce that I have narrowed down my recruitment to my final four schools. First I would like to thank my friends and family that have helped guide me through this process so far. I’d also especially like to thank the Csp Limoges staff and teammates for all they have done for me. I would not be in this position without them. I am looking forward to completing my recruitment and making my final decision soon.

Born in Lebanon, Khayat traveled to France in 2018 where the 6-foot-8 wing prospect was able to land a spot on the Limoges CSP U21 team as well as the Lebanese senior team.

According to Eurohoops, Khayat makes for an excellent two-way player at the next level.

"Let’s start with his athletic profile: Khayat is a 6’8 forward (with the youtube below stating he is 6'11") with a +2 wingspan. He possesses good fluidity and coordination which allow him to move well around the court and get to his spots. He’s not extremely vertical but he’s quick and explosive to get up. As a matter of fact, it’s not rare to see him dunk with authority when finishing. Offensively, Youssef can’t be considered a shot creator at this point. Instead, he scores the majority of his points by running hard in the open court and cutting with great intensity and timing. He displays constant motion off the ball and good reads when taking advantage of defensive mistakes. He also showcased an improved and refined finishing package in the paint, flashing a promising floater. Moreover, Khayat has tremendous defensive upside thanks to his motor, willingness to sit in a stance, lateral movements and instincts. He projects as someone who could potentially guard both forwards positions at the high major D-1 level and switch onto guards out on the perimeter. He’s not afraid of diving for loose balls and regularly makes winning plays."
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24669
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:24 pm

here is a youtube breakdown of Youssef https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDlmeyTLPf8
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests