Xavier recruits and transfers

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:02 pm

Not surprising. Even at X's highest point in 17' & 18' when they received one and two seeds in the tourney, it would have been a major challenge. Michigan has been one of the top seven programs in the last decade including playing in two Natl' Championships under Beilen, and Juwan Howard has continued the level of excellence. Michigan plays in a better league, plays on national TV more, and has had many players (including 3-4 international ones) drafted into the NBA.

After the program went into the Rip Van Winkle era for four years, it will take a couple of years for the fog to clear. I have no doubt SM will get them back to the level we X fans are accustomed to: being one of the Top 15 most successful programs in the last two decades.
LetsGoMuskies

Postby LetsGoMuskies » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:30 pm

I know X was in the final 2, but I was never sold they were all that close to Michigan. Michigan probably wins head-to-head in every category against X except available minutes freshman year. Also, Dearborn is less than an hour from Ann Arbor which I would assume was a factor. Hopefully Sean can get these guys in the future, considering this guy is probably going to be somewhere around the Top 50 when he gets ranked, but it's always going to be hard for X to compete against schools like that.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:19 am

Class of 2023 SG Jamari McDowell last day on his official visit.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 am

Brewster (N.H.) Academy shooting guard Reid Ducharme is at Xavier today for a visit. He just received an offer from Miami. Reid has made official visits to both Syracuse and Penn State.

Reid commented; "I'd say [my] Top three right now are Syracuse, Penn State and Xavier," Ducharme said. "I'm still open in my recruitment. I'm not saying no to schools now at this point, it's still fairly open." He also said he is eyeing a commitment in the next few months.

"I'd probably say fall and trying to be committed before the high school season but if I feel like I'm ready to commit before then, then whenever it really feels right,"

This could be Sean's first recruit
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:52 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:15 am
Brewster (N.H.) Academy shooting guard Reid Ducharme is at Xavier today for a visit. He just received an offer from Miami. Reid has made official visits to both Syracuse and Penn State.

Reid commented; "I'd say [my] Top three right now are Syracuse, Penn State and Xavier," Ducharme said. "I'm still open in my recruitment. I'm not saying no to schools now at this point, it's still fairly open." He also said he is eyeing a commitment in the next few months.

"I'd probably say fall and trying to be committed before the high school season but if I feel like I'm ready to commit before then, then whenever it really feels right,"

This could be Sean's first recruit

We shall see.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:21 pm

The recent Peach Jam final had three of X's 2023 recruits that Sean and the coaches are watching. DeShawn Harris-Smith, Trey Green, and Kayden Fish. Green and Fish played on team Mokan Elite while Harris-Smith played for Team Takeover. Harris-smith, to me, looks like a slimmer cross between a Justin Martin and a Justin Cage as freshmen, nothing spectacular but solid, and turned the corner and drive the ball scoring the Mokan 7-footer. DHS also had a big three to bring TT to a 1-point deficit with about a second to go but threw the ball away on a final throw-in with about .7 seconds on the clock. Green looks quick, and though he is reported as a sub-6' guard he has quick hands and made a nice quick steal from Harris Smith which he turned into a score. Green showed he was the general and engine that ran Mokan Elite. His passes from the three-point line to the baseline were sharp and on target as soon as lanes opened and he did it while moving as well as standing still.

Kayden Fish started the game with a quick 8 points and finished with a total of 13 points on 6-7. Trey Green finished with 9 points 5 rebounds and 6 assists and was the guy that ran the machine which was Mokan Elite. Green and Fish hooked up for a nice no-look assist. DeShawn Harris-Smith with a valiant effort. 15 points,8 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Both Green and Fish will make appearances this week in the Cintas

BTW it was a one-point win for Mokan 53-52
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:05 pm

As Trey Green and Kayden Fish leave after their visit this week we head into next week when Cintas will be visited by Dailyn Swain. Swain, a big man who is about 6'8" based on who you listen to, a forward who has guard skills because he played guard before his growth. A long shot, but hey, he is coming to X for a visit and was at X for the High school team camp. He has lots of suitors and X is on the outside but trying to make an impression so cross fingers.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:29 pm

Sure would be relieving to get a 2023 commit locked in soon.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:49 pm

Trey Green @Treygreen02
·

I will be announcing my commitment on Saturday August 6!! #staytuned
revengeofobiharris

Postby revengeofobiharris » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:04 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:05 pm
As Trey Green and Kayden Fish leave after their visit this week we head into next week when Cintas will be visited by Dailyn Swain. Swain, a big man who is about 6'8" based on who you listen to, a forward who has guard skills because he played guard before his growth. A long shot, but hey, he is coming to X for a visit and was at X for the High school team camp. He has lots of suitors and X is on the outside but trying to make an impression so cross fingers.
Where are you seeing that?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”