Xavier recruits and transfers

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24715
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:29 pm

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:21 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:15 pm
Adam Finkelstein
@AdamFinkelstein
.

four-star wing Reid Ducharme will announce his commitment live with @247Sports
tomorrow at 4pm.

Another nice pickup. Good job Coach Miller and staff.
When he is hot from three he is good but when he isn't you get 1ers. Not a lot of length but high energy and is reported to work hard. Welcome to the family and congrats to Sean on a solid get of an OKG. With Colby probably not coming back so it fills a need but needs to get his 3-point shooting average up.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity
Posts: 1246
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:17 am

He is plain & simply: a BALLER.... Smart & savvy. A gym rat. Streaky, but with more hours in the gym, I suspect that will improve. Sneaky effective going to the rim. Love this addition. Welcome Reid..........!
skyhops
Posts: 3354
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby skyhops » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:10 pm

Agreed, he is a baller and a great pickup despite whatever scouting report MM was reading.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 6463
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:11 am

muskieman wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:29 pm
Jesseandrippers wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:21 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:15 pm
Adam Finkelstein
@AdamFinkelstein
.

four-star wing Reid Ducharme will announce his commitment live with @247Sports
tomorrow at 4pm.

Another nice pickup. Good job Coach Miller and staff.
When he is hot from three he is good but when he isn't you get 1ers. Not a lot of length but high energy and is reported to work hard. Welcome to the family and congrats to Sean on a solid get of an OKG. With Colby probably not coming back so it fills a need but needs to get his 3-point shooting average up.
Mman,

Are you sure you didn't accidentally send out a 25 year old post in your Drafts folder about your assessment of Kenny Harvey? Pretty disappointing that you are giving bad jujus on a future Musketeer.

Also, he was described as "a shooter with length, who has average lateral quickness and an average handle." A comparison to C Jones is like comparing Brad Redford to Mark Lyons. I for one want to welcome our newest Musketeer to the Xavier Family.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24715
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:11 am
muskieman wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:29 pm
Jesseandrippers wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:21 pm



Another nice pickup. Good job Coach Miller and staff.
When he is hot from three he is good but when he isn't you get 1ers. Not a lot of length but high energy and is reported to work hard. Welcome to the family and congrats to Sean on a solid get of an OKG. With Colby probably not coming back so it fills a need but needs to get his 3-point shooting average up.
Mman,

Are you sure you didn't accidentally send out a 25 year old post in your Drafts folder about your assessment of Kenny Harvey? Pretty disappointing that you are giving bad jujus on a future Musketeer.

Also, he was described as "a shooter with length", who has average lateral quickness and an average handle." A comparison to C Jones is like comparing Brad Redford to Mark Lyons. I for one want to welcome our newest Musketeer to the Xavier Family.
Where did you see "he is a shooter with length? I guess you missed "solid get of an OKG"" "high energy" and "work hard" you think those are demeaning terms which I do not. Sean is building a group and the next player coming soon will give us a better picture of what he is building...so far so good and I hope Trey continues to be a recruiter with the coaches. Also you reading comprehension is deteriorating as you get old because I wasn't comparing him to Colby so read it again or have your caregiver read and explain it to you. Reid said said: “They said I’ll be playing the two. They look at me as a shooter, but also a great defender, a person that brings a lot of intensity onto the court. He also said “Trey Green knew I was a priority for them so he reached out to me so that definitely helped as well,” he said, “so I’ll definitely be doing the same [with other recruits].” That sounds like Sean's OKG and I am fine with that

Final quote from Ducharme. In a Q&A with scouting service Pro Insight, the shooting guard/small forward said when asked what separated Xavier from his other finalists, “It was a really hard decision to make, but what stuck out the most to me was the relationships I built with all the coaches and it just felt like the right decision. I also liked the Big East where basketball is the main focus.”
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 6463
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:23 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:15 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:11 am
muskieman wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:29 pm

When he is hot from three he is good but when he isn't you get 1ers. Not a lot of length but high energy and is reported to work hard. Welcome to the family and congrats to Sean on a solid get of an OKG. With Colby probably not coming back so it fills a need but needs to get his 3-point shooting average up.
Mman,

Are you sure you didn't accidentally send out a 25 year old post in your Drafts folder about your assessment of Kenny Harvey? Pretty disappointing that you are giving bad jujus on a future Musketeer.

Also, he was described as "a shooter with length", who has average lateral quickness and an average handle." A comparison to C Jones is like comparing Brad Redford to Mark Lyons. I for one want to welcome our newest Musketeer to the Xavier Family.
Where did you see "he is a shooter with length? I guess you missed "solid get of an OKG"" "high energy" and "work hard" you think those are demeaning terms which I do not. Sean is building a group and the next player coming soon will give us a better picture of what he is building...so far so good and I hope Trey continues to be a recruiter with the coaches. Also, your reading comprehension is deteriorating as you get old because I wasn't comparing him to Colby so read it again or have your caregiver read and explain it to you. Reid said: “They said I’ll be playing the two. They look at me as a shooter, but also a great defender, a person that brings a lot of intensity onto the court. He also said “Trey Green knew I was a priority for them so he reached out to me so that definitely helped as well,” he said, “so I’ll definitely be doing the same [with other recruits].” That sounds like Sean's OKG and I am fine with that

Final quote from Ducharme. In a Q&A with scouting service Pro Insight, the shooting guard/small forward said when asked what separated Xavier from his other finalists, “It was a really hard decision to make, but what stuck out the most to me was the relationships I built with all the coaches and it just felt like the right decision. I also liked the Big East where basketball is the main focus.”
To answer your questions:
Q: Where did you see "he is a shooter with length?

Answer: Quote from 247 Sports: “The 6-foot-7 wing chose Sean Miller’s program from among a final three that also included Syracuse and Penn State.” SI also had an article quoting him at 6’7”, and another described him as I did: As a “shooter with length.” An AI program I'm developing which can look at video and determine physical metrics had him at 6'6.78", so that great variance does give me a little pause.

MMan: I'm only putting this witty sarcasm before my Co-Mod resident. My mentor's quote: "Your reading comprehension is deteriorating as you get old because I wasn't comparing him to Colby so read it again or have your caregiver read and explain it to you." Good stuff!!
Jesseandrippers
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:06 am

Lets keep up the momentum. Who is next?

- Kashi Nzeh
- Taison Chatman (longer shot but still in mix)
- Jamari McDowell (see above)
- Dailyn Swain (commits next week but thought to be a Buckeye lean)

Has to be more…? This is a critical class with all the talent walking after this season and the inevitable decommit or transfer.
User avatar
XavierBob
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby XavierBob » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:58 am

Ohio State probably isn’t taking Swain, already have two freshman coming in that play his position. Only official visit he took was X. Hoping that is all he needed to see. I think things look good for the Muskies on this one.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 24715
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby muskieman » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:18 pm

Dailyn Swain is scheduled to announce this week. Xavier was the only school he visited after OSU canceled his visit. His other schools are Arizona State, Arkansas, Clemson, Ohio State,

https://www.on3.com/news/xavier-trendin ... hio-state/
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Xavier recruits and transfers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:35 pm

Welcome Mr Swain!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests