St Johns game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5857
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:21 pm

XavierBob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Muskieman,
You and have known each other for many years. Our respect is mutual. I remember our conversations at Cintas, my fear was that as X lost coaches, one day, they’d make the wrong hire. I think it might have happened, I liken Travis to Dick LeBeau, great assistant, not a head coach. I’m sorry but even at 11-3 soon to be 11-4 this team is hard to watch. It’s not losing but how they lose. No offensive disipline, spotty defense and overall no consistency. Tonight is almost unwatchable. Too much talent to preform like this. As much as I hate to say it, this team’s problem sits in the head coaching chair.
Post of the year. XB, don't be surprised if a case of orange Fanta suddenly appears on your porch.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23712
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby muskieman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:27 pm

XavierBob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Muskieman,
You and have known each other for many years. Our respect is mutual. I remember our conversations at Cintas, my fear was that as X lost coaches, one day, they’d make the wrong hire. I think it might have happened, I liken Travis to Dick LeBeau, great assistant, not a head coach. I’m sorry but even at 11-3 soon to be 11-4 this team is hard to watch. It’s not losing but how they lose. No offensive disipline, spotty defense and overall no consistency. Tonight is almost unwatchable. Too much talent to preform like this. As much as I hate to say it, this team’s problem sits in the head coaching chair.
you might be right but I see reaching on D which means the boys are not moving their feet. How does Travis coach a wide-open Kunkel miss 5 of 6 threes, how does he heat up Nate so he hits more than 2-10 from three? I see Seniors on the St Johns team making plays like Seniors and only Paul making them on the X squad.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5857
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:27 pm
XavierBob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Muskieman,
You and have known each other for many years. Our respect is mutual. I remember our conversations at Cintas, my fear was that as X lost coaches, one day, they’d make the wrong hire. I think it might have happened, I liken Travis to Dick LeBeau, great assistant, not a head coach. I’m sorry but even at 11-3 soon to be 11-4 this team is hard to watch. It’s not losing but how they lose. No offensive disipline, spotty defense and overall no consistency. Tonight is almost unwatchable. Too much talent to preform like this. As much as I hate to say it, this team’s problem sits in the head coaching chair.
you might be right but I see reaching on D which means the boys are not moving their feet. How does Travis coach a wide-open Kunkel miss 5 of 6 threes, how does he heat up Nate so he hits more than 2-10 from three?
I wonder why coaches get paid so much when they apparently have no impact?
skyhops
Posts: 2957
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby skyhops » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:36 pm

How about run an offense that isn't just bad three points shots and no offensive rebounding. This is becoming so predictable.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23712
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby muskieman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:38 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:27 pm
XavierBob wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 pm
Muskieman,
You and have known each other for many years. Our respect is mutual. I remember our conversations at Cintas, my fear was that as X lost coaches, one day, they’d make the wrong hire. I think it might have happened, I liken Travis to Dick LeBeau, great assistant, not a head coach. I’m sorry but even at 11-3 soon to be 11-4 this team is hard to watch. It’s not losing but how they lose. No offensive disipline, spotty defense and overall no consistency. Tonight is almost unwatchable. Too much talent to preform like this. As much as I hate to say it, this team’s problem sits in the head coaching chair.
you might be right but I see reaching on D which means the boys are not moving their feet. How does Travis coach a wide-open Kunkel miss 5 of 6 threes, how does he heat up Nate so he hits more than 2-10 from three?
I wonder why coaches get paid so much when they apparently have no impact?
I have always thought that. Why are so many games "players games"? I hear it from every coach. As for getting paid so much the Coach Ks and Tom Isso have not earned their pay this year. I am sure Jay Wrights team that got blown out the other night needs to give back some of his salary if we are going to start dinging paychecks
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops
Posts: 2957
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby skyhops » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 pm

MM, you do know that those three coaches have national championships and Steele hasn't made an NCAA tourney? The blind love for Steele is getting strange.
User avatar
XavierBob
Posts: 220
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:39 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby XavierBob » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:48 pm

Guys I’m not trying to start a s—-storm. I want Travis to do well, I really do, but, after 2+ years I just don’t see it. At some point it has to be on the coach, we took 40 threes tonight, I mean c’mon no team should ever shoot 40 threes in a game, that’s on the coach. Our D which I thought was ok the last two years is gone. If this program isn’t careful we will become DePaul.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5857
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:49 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:38 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:27 pm

you might be right but I see reaching on D which means the boys are not moving their feet. How does Travis coach a wide-open Kunkel miss 5 of 6 threes, how does he heat up Nate so he hits more than 2-10 from three?
I wonder why coaches get paid so much when they apparently have no impact?
I have always thought that. Why are so many games "players games"? I hear it from every coach. As for getting paid so much the Coach Ks and Tom Isso have not earned their pay this year. I am sure Jay Wrights team that got blown out the other night needs to give back some of his salary if we are going to start dinging paychecks
So ya think it's wise to compare Coach K, Coach Izzo, and Wright to Steele? Do you hear that? Yes, that was the bubble bursting once again under the Steele era. BTW, he got a $50 bonus for having two T.O.s in his pocket by the end of the game. Mman, let him off the hook. Tell him the NCAA didn't change the rule to allow coaches only 3 T.O.s instead of five. I suspect tomorrow's film session will involve seeing who cheered the hardest on the bench. Can't wait to hear his litany of cliches during his insightful post-game show. Like my good friend would say....Dripping.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23712
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby muskieman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:51 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 pm
MM, you do know that those three coaches have national championships and Steele hasn't made an NCAA tourney? The blind love for Steele is getting strange.
Sorry, you think I have some type of love for Steele but it is interesting that coaches with NC get a pass when they have bad seasons. I guess winning a NC and it is always the players that are the fault but no NC and it is never the players. If it is all Steele's fault why are you always knocking Carter, Freemantle, and Odom? I recall when Miller first instituted the pac D you and others knocked that until he shut you up. Did he win a NC while at X because I must have missed that season?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23712
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: St Johns game thread

Postby muskieman » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:56 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:49 pm
muskieman wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:38 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:31 pm

I wonder why coaches get paid so much when they apparently have no impact?
I have always thought that. Why are so many games "players games"? I hear it from every coach. As for getting paid so much the Coach Ks and Tom Isso have not earned their pay this year. I am sure Jay Wrights team that got blown out the other night needs to give back some of his salary if we are going to start dinging paychecks
So ya think it's wise to compare Coach K, Coach Izzo, and Wright to Steele? Do you hear that? Yes, that was the bubble bursting once again under the Steele era. BTW, he got a $50 bonus for having two T.O.s in his pocket by the end of the game. Mman, let him off the hook. Tell him the NCAA didn't change the rule to allow coaches only 3 T.O.s instead of five. I suspect tomorrow's film session will involve seeing who cheered the hardest on the bench. Can't wait to hear his litany of cliches during his insightful post-game show. Like my good friend would say....Dripping.
If there is one thing I don't like about TS is the cliches but then I don't like cliches from anyone. You and sky hated Mack for unknown reasons even when he was winning so you hold little value with your comments. BTW that friend sounds like a great guy, you might try listening to him more.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests