Scruggs ?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
jct1941

Scruggs ?

Postby jct1941 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:31 pm

We are all talking about the many players who are off their games but we have not mentioned Paul. He is the CAPTAIN and really the most important player we have. He seems tired as the game progresses and I am thinking there is something wrong with him' He is giving his ALL but just does not seem to be " at his best" lately. To me he is the leader of the team and with him playing the POINT guard position (not his natural position) maybe XU should move him to the off guard position so he can get back to scoring the ball. Tandy, Kunkel, amd Odom should be able to handle the point. Paul seems to have the weight of the world on his mind. The last three games he has 29 points on 9 for 29 shots and he SO much better than that. He has 6+ assists and will still be a the main distributor. Just a thought? Go Xavier!
kyzrex

Re: Scruggs ?

Postby kyzrex » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:24 am

https://www.bannersontheparkway.com/202 ... uary-sucks

Scruggs has struggled in February throughout his career at X.
#WHYNOTX?
DannyV76

Postby DannyV76 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:23 pm

Excellent point on Scruggs JCT. While I'm hoping to see KyKy minutes get into double digits sooner rather than later, I really don't want to see him at the Point. Would love to see Odom there, back in for 30+ minutes, as the ball really moves with him and his D has been pretty good for a Frosh. Also thought the explosiveness he showed earlier this year came back some in the Butler game Sunday night.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:30 pm

DannyV6 - I TOTALLY agree that Odom should be at the point and if needs a break there is always Kunkel. I also think you are right about KyKy at the off guard would be a wise move. Scruggs just seems to be off his game and really can not have that if XU is going to win games. Hope that our covid players are back (Griffin) and we can be close to full strength. Only time will tell what we do in the next four games but changes must be made. Go Xavier!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:26 pm

He will have his hands full with Duke as well. We need to attack the basket and play aggressive. PU is the best perimeter defensive team in BE, so open looks will be at a premium
lionelchalmers0

Postby lionelchalmers0 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:46 pm

Agree totally about Odom. Nate johnson is out tonight. While I do love what Nate has brought to the team as a transfer... his shooting has gone ice cold and he’s eating up a lot of minutes potentially better used by younger players.

I’d love to see Odom get a lot more minutes. He’s not a polished scorer yet but is probably the best half court/in traffic passer we have. I’d like to see Kyky get more minutes too and at this point have Colby getting true starter type minutes.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”