Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Another One Gone

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:58 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:54 pm
muskieman wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:03 pm
Wilcher left because he wanted playing time and Johnson, and Colby are ahead of him on the depth chart. I wish Wilcher good luck. I sure he could have earned 10or more minutes between the 2 and 3 position but he thinks he can't compete at X.
You truly don't feel that Steele offering transfer wings schollys had anything to do with it? X leads as of now of having the two best players entering the transfer portal. Hope it's over, but he is close to having double-digit transfers in his 3rd yr.
You truly don't think that Wilcher, if he was a competitor, would care who was competing for his spot? So maybe he saw guys that could beat him out and went to someplace with less competition and with his brother!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Assuming he feels the coach will give him his minutes which is the biggest factor in all these transfers all over. There's obviously been quite a big sample of fans who have not felt that Steele allocates the minutes properly regardless of who has earned the minutes. Be it right or wrong, guys look elsewhere if they don't feel they're getting a fair shake. That's the game now.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:58 pm

thecoach wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 pm
Assuming he feels the coach will give him his minutes which is the biggest factor in all these transfers all over. There's obviously been quite a big sample of fans who have not felt that Steele allocates the minutes properly regardless of who has earned the minutes. Be it right or wrong, guys look elsewhere if they don't feel they're getting a fair shake. That's the game now.
Parents and "friends" come into play here because they may be whispering in their ear that they are getting the shaft at so and so university when they could be a star. The same happens when players decide to leave school to play pro ball when they really are not ready.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:19 pm

well, Jason must have been reading this board - He gone....
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:31 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:19 pm
well, Jason must have been reading this board - He gone....
Lottery Pick
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:38 pm

It thought. After had had masters. What more does he want to play for?
Biggernlife

Postby Biggernlife » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Now Carter is gone! Entered the portal today! We’re getting thin at the 4-5 now! Remember before the first game last year, we were deep in all areas! That sure changed. Yikes, hope Steeles “plan” pans out! ..... Biggernlife
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:27 pm

Did we really think he was coming back? I know Steele was enamored with him, but come on. Good thing Griffin, Ramsey and Miles barley played.
Biggernlife

Postby Biggernlife » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:58 pm

Heck no Skyhops, who did? But now out of eligible 13 players to comeback, five have already declined. They are KyKy,Ramsey, Wilcher , Griffin, and Carter! There may be one or two more at least Stanley and Scruggs? That would be over half. Not good %.
You’re not the only one who follows this remember! Thx ... Biggernlife
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:31 am

thecoach wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:44 pm
this is the biggest issue i have with ALL of this (and this is not stated against you, coach), is that these players think they should just be GIVEN minutes, just because. they want to be promised something they haven't even EARNED yet. it just bothers me.

where have the Jason Love's gone? the dudes who come in, work their a$$e$ off to get better and take their opportunity when it comes. they're just not many that have that mentality anymore, and it's disappointing. everyone wants what they think they should GET instead of earning it.

i don't envy Steele at all in having to deal with that year in and year out.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”