List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:58 am

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... odeIds=352

As to our '08 class, Frease (#49) was our only guy in their top 100.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby Shadow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 am

I found it interesting that every single one of those uncommitted on that page has Xavier listed in the Schools of Interest column, the only school with that distinction.
Doesn't that say something about how the school has risen in recognition?
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby muskieman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:54 am

Shadow I am not sure but I think Gary was searching for only players that had an interest in Xavier. If you go to modify existing search above the list it will take you to a search page and one option is to search by school.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:58 am

That's correct, mm. I first went to the site's front page, and then to the Xavier page, hence the results showing players interested in X.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
User avatar
Shadow
Posts: 6246
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby Shadow » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:05 am

oops! I see it now.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby muskieman » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm

I had the same first reaction but saw that button and thought it was pretty much a coincidence that Xavier was on every list of players not committed.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskienick
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby muskienick » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:03 pm

It seems as though there are two players interested in Xavier with the name, Omari Lawrence. Both are from the east coast. Both are in the 6'3" to 6'4" range. And both reportedly weigh 170 lbs.

The only significant difference is their rating (one is 4-star and the other is 1-star).
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
Mr. Neutral
Posts: 14366
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby Mr. Neutral » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Maybe we're returning to the days when the NBA had multiple Charles Johnsons!
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
MarvAlbert
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:59 am
Contact:

Re: List and ranking of XU recruiting targets from Scout.com

Postby MarvAlbert » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 am

If that was serious about the two Omari Lawrence's, they are the same. The one star profile was probably submitted by a friend or relative before his actual profile was made and it was just never deleted. You can see that it lists his old school before he transferred, so that's probably the case.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1005 guests