Re: Scruggernaught returns

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:08 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:41 pm
muskieman wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:08 pm
skyhops wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:34 pm
Griffin announced he is not playing another year at xavier can’t blame he since he got hosed on PT
he wants to get on with his life and make some money. Not like he wanted to transfer and entered the portal. Lots of Senior do that sky
Yea,

I'm sure playing 10 minutes a game even when he was playing very effectively had nothing to do with it.
so you think he helped X in the last game of the season playing his 9 minutes? When you play 9 minutes you need to do something. I bet you wanted him in at the end of the Butler game? In the 18 games he played in he average 11 minutes. At the beginning of the season most thought he would average 10-15 minutes. Had he been a scorer like Ben he might have gotten more minutes.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:39 pm

MM, you must really love mediocrity
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:30 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:39 pm
MM, you must really love mediocrity
how you get that from my post is a mystery. I am like Scott Drew and expect an NC each year. Like Scott Drew, I have been disappointed the last 17 years but my optimism hopes next year that lighting strikes like it did for Scott this year.

On the other hand you and others complain and complain and what has it gotten you? You know you fit the quote that you have proffered here "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity" Complaining over and over has only gotten you insanity.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:57 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:08 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
muskieman wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:08 pm

he wants to get on with his life and make some money. Not like he wanted to transfer and entered the portal. Lots of Senior do that sky
Yea,

I'm sure playing 10 minutes a game even when he was playing very effectively had nothing to do with it.
so you think he helped X in the last game of the season playing his 9 minutes? When you play 9 minutes you need to do something. I bet you wanted him in at the end of the Butler game? In the 18 games he played in he average 11 minutes. At the beginning of the season most thought he would average 10-15 minutes. Had he been a scorer like Ben he might have gotten more minutes.
Great point. Carter was a scoring machine in the nearly 30 minutes a game he played. Well done.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:02 pm

MM, please post the stats of Carter later in the season they were awful and he played over 30 mins all while not practicing yet Steele claims PT is earned in practice.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:35 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:57 pm
muskieman wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Yea,

Great point. Carter was a scoring machine in the nearly 30 minutes a game he played. Well done.
again you make no sense equating a power forward with a guard. I guess you think at the end of the season we play a guard in the power forward position. I guess you think his 6'1" 190 lbs frame would be able to outrebound 6'7'' Bryce Nze because he is only 230 lbs.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:21 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:35 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:57 pm
muskieman wrote:

again you make no sense equating a power forward with a guard. I guess you think at the end of the season we play a guard in the power forward position. I guess you think his 6'1" 190 lbs frame would be able to outrebound 6'7'' Bryce Nze because he is only 230 lbs.
Well, Jason "35 minutes" Carter had the audacity to take the most shots in the game, and went 3-11. Executed Steele's game plan to a tee. The Butler bigs went 16-21 with 39 points cumulatively. Yea, I'd take my chances with playing zone, and having my best shooters on the court. I know what I wouldn't do: sit idly by as an awful team like Butler whittled down a 19 point lead because Steele doesn't understand that you need shooters when the other team packs it in. It is as easy a decision as fouling a guy with 2 seconds on the shot clock when you are up three. Steele would never not do that. (as my mentor says, "dripping").

With a father in law on the Board and Christopher as the AD, I suspect his back yard must have a billion four leaf clovers.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 pm

My neighbors son goes to Butler and said that he has never seen Nze or the other play better in their careers and wondered why we didn’t have good bigs anymore. That’s not good.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:45 pm

Even Larkin questioned Carter and Steele
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:47 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:45 pm
Even Larkin questioned Carter and Steele
when did you talk to Larkin?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”