Xavier Transfers (update)

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Xavier Transfers (update)

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:42 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm
agree "Hops, have not seen it confirmed but had a UC buddy text me this a few minutes ago as he was JEALOUS...!
Could be, if healthy as you say, just what the Dr. ordered...! Allows Free to go back to "4".
The enquirer has an article on the transfer. Appears he has problems with ACL and torn meniscus injuries. 6'11" 245 give some beef inside and teamed with Miles a good inside presence if they stay healthy...looking at the weight coach right now. Free can be a power forward like sky said, I hope.

Played his freshman year at Iowa, then redshirted his second and last leat was injured but gets a free year so that makes him have 3 years??? Travis dips into his Indiana connections
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 pm

I have also been hearing the Tandy might be coming back as well, which will make me happy as many know. Health is a big concern with the center from Iowa, but I think he would look good beside Zach and throw in Stanley when he comes back we could be in decent shape up front
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:54 pm

skyhops wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:50 pm
I have also been hearing the Tandy might be coming back as well, which will make me happy as many know. Health is a big concern with the center from Iowa, but I think he would look good beside Zach and throw in Stanley when he comes back we could be in decent shape upfront
maybe Tandy got a good dose of reality and found that the grass is not greener. It would be nice with a new dedicated Kyky but I will believe it when I see it.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:03 pm

skyhops wrote:
I have also been hearing the Tandy might be coming back as well, which will make me happy as many know. Health is a big concern with the center from Iowa, but I think he would look good beside Zach and throw in Stanley when he comes back we could be in decent shape up front
would this mean that the info/source on that podcast was false?

just wondering.
DannyV76

Postby DannyV76 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:15 pm

skyhops wrote:
Speaking of Stanley, has anyone heard how his rehab is coming along? Any chance he could be ready by November for the start of the season?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Heard it from another source.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm

I will chime in one last time on Tandy. Cautiously optimistic that he will decide to remain as that would send some welcome vibes about the overall clubhouse climate. However, Kyky needs to re-dedicate himself to basketball this offseason. By that I mean the fundamentals. Dribbling and passing. Often a kid is so much more talented that his peers in H.S. that they take those fundamentals for granted. He is far from having a strong handle, seems to be reluctant to penetrate off his left hand, and his passes can often be a bit late and telegraphed. These are aspects of basketball easily improved upon if there is commitment and desire. Show me that "Pete Rose" over-achiever attitude Kyky, show me that Tim Krumrie "fighter" mentality. Show me that Kobe Bryant "black mamba" desire young man!!! Carpe Diem...
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:12 pm

He's back
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:58 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm
agree "Hops, have not seen it confirmed but had a UC buddy text me this a few minutes ago as he was JEALOUS...!
Could be, if healthy as you say, just what the Dr. ordered...! Allows Free to go back to "4".
He's a good player, but has had two serious knee injuries in four years. i's trying to think of another school who had an athletic big like that, but who recently transferred due to lack of PT? It will come to me.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:25 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:03 pm
skyhops wrote:
would this mean that the info/source on that podcast was false?

just wondering.
Possibly,

Kind of like 60% that comes out of Steele's pie hole.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”