Jamel McLean

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Lead Guitar
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:03 pm
Contact:

Jamel McLean

Postby Lead Guitar » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:37 pm

We have not heard much (rumor or fact) about Jamel lately, other than he was going to play in Europe with Athletes in Action this summer. (No report.)

We all know he won the dunk contest last year and we know he put up nice numbers for Tulsa, but has anyone seen him lately? Did he have a successful summer league?

I think that many of us have a tendency to forget that he will be a factor for the next three years. Will he battle for time as our four behind Brown or take the minutes from Love and Frease at the five? Or, will he be our five and surprise all of us?

Anyone have an opportunity to go to open gym on campus?

With no significant sports going on around the city at this time, we need some new news to hold us over until the middle of October. Anybody?
gym from delhi
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Jamel McLean

Postby gym from delhi » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:27 pm

My source (a pretty good one) tells me that he can rebound, defend, and jump like a maniac, but doesn't shoot well beyond 10 ft. He sounds like a taller CJ.
skyhops
Posts: 3926
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Jamel McLean

Postby skyhops » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:54 pm

I did not know CJ was a leaper
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 26817
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Jamel McLean

Postby muskieman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:26 am

With his leaping ability and rebounding success, he will be valuable off the bench to give CJ a break and keeping both of them fresh. I could see him play post when we play a smaller quicker team.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
hoosiermuskie
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Jamel McLean

Postby hoosiermuskie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:55 am

I heard a rumor about some academic issues last year. Any truth?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 764 guests