Kyky news

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
profson

Re: Kyky news

Postby profson » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:11 am

Pretty hard to argue that the players don't like Steele after all of Scruggs (!), Johnson and Tandy (!) returned.

I envisioned a mature conversation along the following lines:

Steele: this year was not what I expected or hoped for you. We have discussed the areas in which you need to improve: defense and positional awareness; ball movement; shot selection and clock awareness. I still believe in you but I have to be up front on this.

KyKy: Coach, this year was frustrating for me too. I do like it here but I think I have to explore my options particularly as I understand that Paul and Nate may be returning, so where would I fit in? Look, if I don't find a better spot, would you consider letting me come back?

Steele: of course, like I said I think this can work out, but you are right that playing time could be limited if they come back. You will have to compete and show improvement in the areas we discussed. You also need to know that I can't wait around until you find out whether there is a better fit elsewhere, so I will be looking for another guard in the interim that could upgrade the team. I owe that to the team. But keep me informed on what is happening. Whatever the result, I wish the best for you.

KyKy: thanks Coach, I will.
edgecliff hall

Re: Kyky news

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:15 am

Profson, I can only wish that the real guys, Coach Steele and KyKy, are as smart and cool as your version of them in this very fine one-act play of yours. This is what we mean by "creative writing."

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”