Kyky news

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Kyky news

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:17 pm

JUST IN: KyKy Tandy is leaving the transfer portal and returning to Xavier, said Travis Steele.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
True_Blue

Re: Kyky news

Postby True_Blue » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:58 pm

Wonder what he will do next week?

Or is word on the street he was not getting the offers he thought he would get and thus he is staying...?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm

True_Blue wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:58 pm

Or is word on the street he was not getting the offers he thought he would get and thus he is staying...?
Tandy was on the All BE Freshman Team, and avg 7 pts in 14 minutes a game, while shooting 36 % from 3. Many of those were also desperation ones, because Steele kept him peeled to the bench until they were 10 points down with 3 minutes to go. it's like being down 17 point with five minutes to go in football, so the other team has 6 DBs. Despite that, he still has the 2nd best percentage from 3 last year, while being the best the year prior. Not too shabby. I think about 325 teams could use him.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:01 pm
True_Blue wrote:

Tandy was on the All BE Freshman Team, and avg 7 pts in 14 minutes a game, while shooting 36 % from 3. Many of those were also desperation ones, because Steele kept him peeled to the bench until they were 10 points down with 3 minutes to go. it's like being down 17 point with five minutes to go in football, so the other team has 6 DBs. Despite that, he still has the 2nd best percentage from 3 last year, while being the best the year prior. Not too shabby. I think about 325 teams could use him.
then why didn't any one of these teams get him?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:02 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
True_Blue wrote:

Scruggs and Johnson came back. I guess based on your logic, that means there weren't better opportunities elsewhere for them either no? Shame on you, taking down three of our players simply to another another 5 feet of bricks to that ever growing anger wall.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm
muskieman wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Scruggs and Johnson came back. I guess based on your logic, that means there weren't better opportunities elsewhere for them either no? Shame on you, taking down three of our players simply to another another 5 feet of bricks to that ever growing anger wall.
yet Kyky was the only one that wanted to leave and couldn't find a home while Scruggs and Nate never looked for greener pastures because they liked being at X... game, set, match
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:10 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
muskieman wrote:

yet Kyky was the only one that wanted to leave and couldn't find a home while Scruggs and Nate never looked for greener pastures because they liked being at X... game, set, match
He offered about twenty guards, including that diamond in the rough UC pg Mike Sanders. 3.5 pts/game, 38% from the floor and 22% from 3. His stats made Goodin look like Bluiett. I think after striking out so many times, he realized maybe having an All BE Freshman player who also lit it up in the first third of the year over guys like Saunders is a good thing after all. Father in Law BOT can only provide cover for so long. Steele needs a very good year, and guys like Tandy can help….as long as he isn’t pulled after hitting a couple of threes, getting a steal, and an assist in four minutes before being pulled, which happened in league play. I think it may have been against Creighton or MQuette.

Really? I wonder why they waited weeks before announcing it, instead of saying right after the season they were coming back. Then again, who wouldn't want to play for a coach who has aspirations like making the Sweet Sixteen in the CBI, plays dodgeball instead of practicing offensive sets during practice, thinks Jason Carter is the Zion Williamson of the BE, and allocates playing time to whomever can recite the most lines from Ace Ventura Pet Detective. You can't spell abyss without Steele.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:11 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pm
muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:10 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:

He offered about twenty guards, including that diamond in the rough UC pg Mike Sanders. 3.5 pts/game, 38% from the floor and 22% from 3. His stats made Goodin look like Bluiett. I think after striking out so many times, he realized maybe having an All BE Freshman player who also lit it up in the first third of the year over guys like Saunders is a good thing after all. Father in Law BOT can only provide cover for so long. Steele needs a very good year, and guys like Tandy can help….as long as he isn’t pulled after hitting a couple of threes, getting a steal, and an assist in four minutes before being pulled, which happened in league play. I think it may have been against Creighton or MQuette.

Really? I wonder why they waited weeks before announcing it, instead of saying right after the season they were coming back. Then again, who wouldn't want to play for a coach who has aspirations like making the Sweet Sixteen in the CBI, plays dodgeball instead of practicing offensive sets during practice, thinks Jason Carter is the Zion Williamson of the BE, and allocates playing time to whomever can recite the most lines from Ace Ventura Pet Detective. You can't spell abyss without Steele.
and you can't spell NUT without AntiHomer!
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:02 pm

Kyky is a high ceiling player. Great to have him back regardless of circumstances. Just need some bigs!
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:22 am

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's actually pretty funny. I don't think A.H. could be that funny if he is truly a psycho.

I'm glad to see Tandy return and I hope it means BOTH Tandy and Steele recognize a need to change behavior in pursuit of a higher goal.....winning.

But KyKy's return re-creates some of the coaching challenges that haunted Steele last year, mainly player rotation. Assuming no other transfers, the recovery of currently injured players and no new injuries, Steele must manage a ten player rotation before the incoming freshmen. We now have more rebounding and defensive post play, five guards plus Jones + Stanley. Perhaps it is time for Steele to speed things up on both offense and defense. With no coaching experience, others may think that ill-advised but we have a bunch of talent and they need to see the floor to help the team.

With this kind of talent, I ask myself one question......

W.W.A-H.D?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”