John Brannon news

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23716
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

John Brannon news

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:49 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
jct1941
Posts: 2113
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:16 am
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby jct1941 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 pm

I know that some college make the "BIG" bucks and should be able to live out the rest of their lives after two at a (school) but it has to be very hard to put your at risk of your job being decided by 18 to 21 year olds. Just saylin. Go Xavier!
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5857
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:34 pm

jct1941 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 pm
I know that some college make the "BIG" bucks and should be able to live out the rest of their lives after two at a (school) but it has to be very hard to put your at risk of your job being decided by 18 to 21 year olds. Just saylin. Go Xavier!
I'd take 41.5M a year base on the performance of 18-21 yr olds, considering it will provide lifetime financial security regardless on how it turns out. See Steele, Travis.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23716
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:09 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:34 pm
jct1941 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 pm
I know that some college make the "BIG" bucks and should be able to live out the rest of their lives after two at a (school) but it has to be very hard to put your at risk of your job being decided by 18 to 21 year olds. Just saylin. Go Xavier!
I'd take 41.5M a year base on the performance of 18-21 yr olds, considering it will provide lifetime financial security regardless on how it turns out. See Steele, Travis.
anyone making 45.5M A YEAR could even stand you. Name a coach that makes that much
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005
Posts: 555
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby Xavier2005 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:57 pm

being fired was expected by most people. They /UC was looking "for cause" so they would not have to pay him anything. Did that work???
skyhops
Posts: 2963
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby skyhops » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm

So he got fired because he ran the players too much at practice and he had OCD? Anyone have the scoop?
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5857
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:18 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:09 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:34 pm
jct1941 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 pm
I know that some college make the "BIG" bucks and should be able to live out the rest of their lives after two at a (school) but it has to be very hard to put your at risk of your job being decided by 18 to 21 year olds. Just saylin. Go Xavier!
I'd take 41.5M a year base on the performance of 18-21 yr olds, considering it will provide lifetime financial security regardless on how it turns out. See Steele, Travis.
anyone making 45.5M A YEAR could even stand you. Name a coach that makes that much
I simultaneously coached an 8th-grade boy's and 4th-grade girl's teams to CYO league titles. The key was basing PT on who won the most games of knockout during practice. That was pro bono too. If Travis isn't making that much, we better lock him up now. Thank God the N Carolina and Indiana jobs are off the market. I was getting worried.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5857
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: John Brannon news

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:21 pm

skyhops wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:00 pm
So he got fired because he ran the players too much at practice and he had OCD? Anyone have the scoop?
There had to be a technicality. He supposedly had longer practices than allowed by the NCAAs, and allegedly threatened players from informing the administration. I seriously doubt anyone would have said anything if they were winning, even in that league they play in.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests