New UC basketball coach

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
sweet67
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby sweet67 » Tue May 04, 2021 9:35 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:30 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:01 pm


Focus Sweets.

You are mixing subsets. One is injured players. UC obviously had some. I'm sure GA did as well. The players who are healthy and sit out is another one. Again, GA had 5 for every 1 UC had. Usually, the guys who sit are the ones who have the talent to be drafted, (though there are obviously ones who don't, but delude themselves in thinking that they do) no?

I only watched the draft through the 5th pick in the 1st round, to see who the Bengals would take. However, I just checked, and here is the draft breakdown thus far into the 6th round:

GA: 1st three rounds: 6 picks. UC none.
UC: 4th round: 1 pick. 5th Rnd. 1 pick.
Round 5: GA - 1 pick.
Round 6: So far, A, 1 pick.

Stop now. You are in quicksand.
You aren't making any sense old timer. Get focused.

Voluntary or involuntary, both teams were missing key players.

You stated that half the Georgia starters sat, so tell us, which 11 starters were they missing?
GA didnt have 11 but had several key players out including:

Went to NFL and were drafted:
Junior defensive back Eric Stokes
Senior linebacker Monty Rice
Senior Defensive back D.J. Daniel
Senior guard Ben Cleveland
Senior tight end Tre McKitty

Transferred to Florida: Jermaine Johnson

Injured:
Senior center Trey Hill (knees) - DRAFTED
Freshman corner back Kelee Ringo (shoulder)
Freshman receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint (leg)
Senior safety Richard LeCounte (undisclosed) -DRAFTED
Junior running back James Cook


Seven NFL draft picks is substantial. How many of those “quality” starters that went to the NFL were the Cats missing?
Jesse...thank you for helping the old man out. He has become pretty erratic.

UC was missing

Starting RB Gerrid Doaks (drafted by Dolphins)
Starting safety James Wiggins (drafted by Cardinals)
Starting corner Ahmed Gardner (likely 1st round pick im 2021 draft)
Starting center Jake Renfro
X-Expert
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:12 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby X-Expert » Tue May 04, 2021 4:48 pm

This is UC best chance to be relevant outside the AAC in football next year. they missed their chance in losing late to a depleted GA team. I cant think of their best win of note in a better league than the AAC since they have become "good". Now back to basketball
longliveskip
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby longliveskip » Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 am

here's a twitter link with an extensive article (quite long) detailing several things. haven't even read the entire thing yet

https://twitter.com/ChadBrendel/status/ ... 88324?s=19
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun May 09, 2021 12:37 pm

Focus Sweets.

You are mixing subsets. One is injured players. UC obviously had some. I'm sure GA did as well. The players who are healthy and sit out is another one. Again, GA had 5 for every 1 UC had. Usually, the guys who sit are the ones who have the talent to be drafted, (though there are obviously ones who don't, but delude themselves in thinking that they do) no?

I only watched the draft through the 5th pick in the 1st round, to see who the Bengals would take. However, I just checked, and here is the draft breakdown thus far into the 6th round:

GA: 1st three rounds: 6 picks. UC none.
UC: 4th round: 1 pick. 5th Rnd. 1 pick.
Round 5: GA - 1 pick.
Round 6: So far, A, 1 pick.

Stop now. You are in quicksand.
[/quote]

You aren't making any sense old timer. Get focused.

Voluntary or involuntary, both teams were missing key players.

You stated that half the Georgia starters sat, so tell us, which 11 starters were they missing?
[/quote]

GA didnt have 11 but had several key players out including:

Went to NFL and were drafted:
Junior defensive back Eric Stokes
Senior linebacker Monty Rice
Senior Defensive back D.J. Daniel
Senior guard Ben Cleveland
Senior tight end Tre McKitty

Transferred to Florida: Jermaine Johnson

Injured:
Senior center Trey Hill (knees) - DRAFTED
Freshman corner back Kelee Ringo (shoulder)
Freshman receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint (leg)
Senior safety Richard LeCounte (undisclosed) -DRAFTED
Junior running back James Cook


Seven NFL draft picks is substantial. How many of those “quality” starters that went to the NFL were the Cats missing?
[/quote]

Oh lord,

Thanks Jesse. So, GA was missing 7 drafted players, ones considerably rated higher by the NFL as a composite and number relative to UC. I warned Sweets to quit while he was way behind. I think it would have been about a 14-7 point win if both teams were at full strength. Quicksand has now turned into a giant sink hole.

I think if Baylor sat out their top 7,and Zags two lower ranked ones, Zags would have only lost by 3. As a huge UC F-ball fan, reality pains me. Sweets, like you, I toss and turn before we face the murderous row of E Carolina, S. Florida, Tulsa, Houston and the other juggernauts in the AAC. Incidentally, some wiz kid at MIT just modified Einstein's theory: 2 AAC players equal 2.3/8 of a whole SEC player.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun May 09, 2021 12:44 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 am
here's a twitter link with an extensive article (quite long) detailing several things. haven't even read the entire thing yet

https://twitter.com/ChadBrendel/status/ ... 88324?s=19
Wow,

If true, he was a grade a idiot. Huggins, Kennedy, Cronin, and now Brannen. Why do we have to keep subsidizing the dumpster fire in Clifton? It would be different if the tax dollars went towards something of value like education. At least some of the dollars went to improving Nippert, so now it almost holds as much seating at OSU's practice facility.
sweet67
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby sweet67 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:44 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 am
here's a twitter link with an extensive article (quite long) detailing several things. haven't even read the entire thing yet

https://twitter.com/ChadBrendel/status/ ... 88324?s=19
Wow,

If true, he was a grade a idiot. Huggins, Kennedy, Cronin, and now Brannen. Why do we have to keep subsidizing the dumpster fire in Clifton? It would be different if the tax dollars went towards something of value like education. At least some of the dollars went to improving Nippert, so now it almost holds as much seating at OSU's practice facility.
Cool stories Youngblood

You are clueless.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue May 11, 2021 8:32 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:44 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 am
here's a twitter link with an extensive article (quite long) detailing several things. haven't even read the entire thing yet

https://twitter.com/ChadBrendel/status/ ... 88324?s=19
Wow,

If true, he was a grade a idiot. Huggins, Kennedy, Cronin, and now Brannen. Why do we have to keep subsidizing the dumpster fire in Clifton? It would be different if the tax dollars went towards something of value like education. At least some of the dollars went to improving Nippert, so now it almost holds as much seating at OSU's practice facility.
Cool stories Youngblood

You are clueless.
Sweets,

I like to make the most of every interaction whenever possible. I did not retell a story. I forwarded an opinion to a story (via Tweet) posted by LLS. Below is the distinction.

Story - an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment.
Opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Mine are virtually always based on fact according to my mentor, Mman. PM me with any questions. I will forward it to my 8-year-old niece.
sweet67
Posts: 219
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:55 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby sweet67 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:13 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:32 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:44 pm


Wow,

If true, he was a grade a idiot. Huggins, Kennedy, Cronin, and now Brannen. Why do we have to keep subsidizing the dumpster fire in Clifton? It would be different if the tax dollars went towards something of value like education. At least some of the dollars went to improving Nippert, so now it almost holds as much seating at OSU's practice facility.
Cool stories Youngblood

You are clueless.
Sweets,

I like to make the most of every interaction whenever possible. I did not retell a story. I forwarded an opinion to a story (via Tweet) posted by LLS. Below is the distinction.

Story - an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment.
Opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Mine are virtually always based on fact according to my mentor, Mman. PM me with any questions. I will forward it to my 8-year-old niece.
You are slipping Old Timer. Always struggling to stay on point.

This thread was about UC's new basketball coach and you bring up the Peach Bowl out of nowhere.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby Anti-Homer » Mon May 17, 2021 5:17 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:13 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:32 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 pm


Cool stories Youngblood

You are clueless.
Sweets,

I like to make the most of every interaction whenever possible. I did not retell a story. I forwarded an opinion to a story (via Tweet) posted by LLS. Below is the distinction.

Story - an account of imaginary or real people and events told for entertainment.
Opinion - a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Mine are virtually always based on fact according to my mentor, Mman. PM me with any questions. I will forward it to my 8-year-old niece.
You are slipping Old Timer. Always struggling to stay on point.

This thread was about UC's new basketball coach and you bring up the Peach Bowl out of nowhere.
Sweets,

I'm sorry you are incapable of understanding analogies further than one degree of separation. The average 15 year old can extend it to about six, but no worries, I will simply adjust my responses to you accordingly in the future. Now, it's past 5:00, so you made me miss the early bird special at the diner. Damn you!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests