New UC basketball coach

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23745
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

New UC basketball coach

Postby muskieman » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:45 pm

WXIX reporting UC to name UNC Greensboro’s Wes Miller as next men’s head basketball coach
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby thecoach » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Neck and neck with Travis. lol Considering the circumstances he's a coup for their AD. I didn't realize he was a head coach at 28. That's crazy.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... basketball
longliveskip
Posts: 1269
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:13 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby longliveskip » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:22 am

this is a good hire.

of course, i also thought Brannen was a good hire so what do i know.

i'm sure some alumni/etc are still going to be pissed that this wasn't a "UC" guy but whatever.

he should be able to get UC winning in the AAC and consistently in the tourney like Mick did.
gym from delhi
Posts: 588
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby gym from delhi » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am

Wow, Martin, Van Exel, Sorvino, and Archie went by the wayside seemingly quickly.
thecoach
Posts: 1452
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby thecoach » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:37 am

gym from delhi wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:03 am
Wow, Martin, Van Exel, Sorvino, and Archie went by the wayside seemingly quickly.
Yea, i think the AD is actually pretty good as he didn't fold to the Huggs mafia. I think the thing that will be interesting as i doubt Archie resurfaces until 2022 is if this guy joins Miller at UC. He could definitely be a "local" fit for them recruiting wise.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-bask ... e-roberts/
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 5826
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 pm

As some were touting on this board, UC did hire a Miller.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23745
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby muskieman » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:13 pm

Miller today

When I walked in here for the first time, I thought about this place being full when we play that other school,” Miller said of the Crosstown Shootout. “We want to kick Xavier’s behind.”

already Xavier is living free in his head
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
edgecliff hall
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:20 pm

"Xavier living free in his head." I think that's really good, Muskieman.
User avatar
olsingledigit
Posts: 5826
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:27 am
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby olsingledigit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:38 pm

muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:13 pm
Miller today

When I walked in here for the first time, I thought about this place being full when we play that other school,” Miller said of the Crosstown Shootout. “We want to kick Xavier’s behind.”

already Xavier is living free in his head
He will have to wait awhile. I believe it is our home game this season. And I am not expecting to lose to them any time soon.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23745
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby muskieman » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:38 pm
muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:13 pm
Miller today

When I walked in here for the first time, I thought about this place being full when we play that other school,” Miller said of the Crosstown Shootout. “We want to kick Xavier’s behind.”

already Xavier is living free in his head
He will have to wait awhile. I believe it is our home game this season. And I am not expecting to lose to them any time soon.
Paul Scruggs reply to Wes was "We like playing there too"
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests