Re: New UC basketball coach

Postby kyzrex » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:13 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:15 pm
kyzrex wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:57 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:08 am

Even if umpromted , there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Miller said.
You’re correct that there was nothing wrong with what he said. Would anyone really expect him to say that X owns UC and that will continue under his leadership? Of course he says that he plans on beating X! He’d be fired on the spot if he said anything else in response to the question.

You’re incorrect in saying “was obviously coached by Cunningham to mention this in his opening remarks”. Easy assumption to make if one doesn’t take the time to actually listen to the presser.
as a fan of any school wouldn't you rather hear your new coach say I plan on leading the team to the National Championship and win it. That is basically what Drew said when he took over Baylor... not let's beat Texas
So when asked a direct question about his knowledge of the Crosstown Rivalry, he was supposed to say something like, “I don’t want to talk about that, I only want to talk about winning national championships.”. Is that what you’re saying? Because in his actual opening comments BEFORE opening it to QUESTIONS, he did mention the great history of UC basketball, including the final 4s and National championships, along with all the great players they have had through the years....and how he plans to live up to those expectations. Seems to me he hit BOTH subjects pretty well and struck a good tone. I’m not a UC basketball fan, but I will say that he came across very well.
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:56 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:
kyzrex wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Actually, he didn’t make any mention of the rivalry in his statement. He was ASKED about it by the Enquirer beat writer in the open Q and A session AFTER he had made his opening remarks. On a plus side, he did pronounce Xavier correctly and claimed to have great respect for X and for Steele.
You’re correct that there was nothing wrong with what he said. Would anyone really expect him to say that X owns UC and that will continue under his leadership? Of course he says that he plans on beating X! He’d be fired on the spot if he said anything else in response to the question.

You’re incorrect in saying “was obviously coached by Cunningham to mention this in his opening remarks”. Easy assumption to make if one doesn’t take the time to actually listen to the presser.
Great point!

Kind of like me being fooled and impressed that UC almost beat the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC, based on all the twitter feeds. However, when one did go back to read the articles, one was flabbergasted to learn they sat half their starters. In other words, UC lost to Kansas. Great point made sir.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:51 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:56 pm
kyzrex wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Great point!

Kind of like me being fooled and impressed that UC almost beat the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC, based on all the twitter feeds. However, when one did go back to read the articles, one was flabbergasted to learn they sat half their starters. In other words, UC lost to Kansas. Great point made sir.
Was UC missing any key players that game as well?
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:32 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:23 pm
olsingledigit wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:38 pm
muskieman wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:13 pm
Miller today

When I walked in here for the first time, I thought about this place being full when we play that other school,” Miller said of the Crosstown Shootout. “We want to kick Xavier’s behind.”

already Xavier is living free in his head
He will have to wait awhile. I believe it is our home game this season. And I am not expecting to lose to them any time soon.
Paul Scruggs reply to Wes was "We like playing there too"
Love it. Way to go Paul.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:41 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
kyzrex wrote:

Great point!

Kind of like me being fooled and impressed.......based on all the twitter feeds........Great point made sir.
Garbage in....garbage out.

Believe nothing of what you read in Twitter feeds and only 1/2 of what you hear and see 2nd hand.
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:25 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:51 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
kyzrex wrote:

Great point!

Kind of like me being fooled and impressed that UC almost beat the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC, based on all the Twitter feeds. However, when one did go back to read the articles, one was flabbergasted to learn they sat half their starters. In other words, UC lost to Kansas. Great point made sir.
Yup. Two. 2 AAC players equal 5/8 of a whole SEC player. I think Einstein came up with that equation. As a huuuggggggeeee Muskie fan which you are, it is nice to see your defense of my beloved Bearcat football team
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:03 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:25 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Great point!

Kind of like me being fooled and impressed that UC almost beat the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC, based on all the Twitter feeds. However, when one did go back to read the articles, one was flabbergasted to learn they sat half their starters. In other words, UC lost to Kansas. Great point made sir.
Yup. Two. 2 AAC players equal 5/8 of a whole SEC player. I think Einstein came up with that equation. As a huuuggggggeeee Muskie fan which you are, it is nice to see your defense of my beloved Bearcat football team
UC was missing their starting RB, Center, CB, Safety. Good call though.

Xavier doesn't have a football team and I live in Cincy. Who else am I gonna root for? Your hatred/obsession with UC must be due to getting beat up by some Clifton frat boys in your heyday. More reasonable folks can root for all the local teams.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat May 01, 2021 5:01 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:03 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
sweet67 wrote:

Xavier doesn't have a football team and I live in Cincy. Who else am I gonna root for? Your hatred/obsession with UC must be due to getting beat up by some Clifton frat boys in your heyday. More reasonable folks can root for all the local teams.
Focus Sweets.

You are mixing subsets. One is injured players. UC obviously had some. I'm sure GA did as well. The players who are healthy and sit out is another one. Again, GA had 5 for every 1 UC had. Usually, the guys who sit are the ones who have the talent to be drafted, (though there are obviously ones who don't, but delude themselves in thinking that they do) no?

I only watched the draft through the 5th pick in the 1st round, to see who the Bengals would take. However, I just checked, and here is the draft breakdown thus far into the 6th round:

GA: 1st three rounds: 6 picks. UC none.
UC: 4th round: 1 pick. 5th Rnd. 1 pick.
Round 5: GA - 1 pick.
Round 6: So far, A, 1 pick.

Stop now. You are in quicksand.
sweet67

Postby sweet67 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:01 pm
sweet67 wrote:
Anti-Homer wrote:

Focus Sweets.

You are mixing subsets. One is injured players. UC obviously had some. I'm sure GA did as well. The players who are healthy and sit out is another one. Again, GA had 5 for every 1 UC had. Usually, the guys who sit are the ones who have the talent to be drafted, (though there are obviously ones who don't, but delude themselves in thinking that they do) no?

I only watched the draft through the 5th pick in the 1st round, to see who the Bengals would take. However, I just checked, and here is the draft breakdown thus far into the 6th round:

You aren't making any sense old timer. Get focused.

Voluntary or involuntary, both teams were missing key players.

You stated that half the Georgia starters sat, so tell us, which 11 starters were they missing?
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon May 03, 2021 7:30 pm

sweet67 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:51 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 5:01 pm
sweet67 wrote:

Focus Sweets.

You aren't making any sense old timer. Get focused.

Voluntary or involuntary, both teams were missing key players.

You stated that half the Georgia starters sat, so tell us, which 11 starters were they missing?
GA didnt have 11 but had several key players out including:

Went to NFL and were drafted:
Junior defensive back Eric Stokes
Senior linebacker Monty Rice
Senior Defensive back D.J. Daniel
Senior guard Ben Cleveland
Senior tight end Tre McKitty

Transferred to Florida: Jermaine Johnson

Injured:
Senior center Trey Hill (knees) - DRAFTED
Freshman corner back Kelee Ringo (shoulder)
Freshman receiver Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint (leg)
Senior safety Richard LeCounte (undisclosed) -DRAFTED
Junior running back James Cook

Seven NFL draft picks is substantial. How many of those “quality” starters that went to the NFL were the Cats missing?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”